Senior Designer - Pet Insurance Startup
We are building the future of pet health care.
We are creating a world where every Milo, Spot, Sweetie, Sugarbear — and Pumpkin — is entitled to the best care humanly possible, no matter their age, condition, or the cost. A world where families and vets work side-by-side to help all pets live their best lives today, tomorrow, and for all the adventures in between. Because pets are family, and their care should live up to the love and joy they bring us.
Pumpkin is uniquely positioned to disrupt the rapidly growing, multi-billion-dollar pet insurance and pet wellness industry. We’re building the most robust support system for pets and their owners in times of good health, illness and emergency.
Through the application of cutting-edge technology, product advantages, deep market relationships and best in class distribution capabilities, Pumpkin provides the first truly pet-centric experience in the space.
We are seeking an exceptional Senior Designer who loves animals and believes pets are an important member of a family. In this role, you will be completely hands-on and responsible for designing the user experience and visual interpretation of our brand across all touchpoints.
- Create beautiful, compelling experiences for our customers that drive business results
- Participate in the overall strategy and roadmap definition for the Pumpkin product
- Conduct user research, interviews and testing to inform design decisions
- Collaborate with the product team to help develop sprint plans and design priorities
- Own the pumpkin component libraries and style guide and ensure all designs and features are consistent and on-brand
- Manage our assets and help oversee the creation of new photography and illustration
- Help manage and mentor associate designers and freelancers
- 3+ years of experience designing UX/UI for both desktop and mobile applications
- Outstanding portfolio of prior work that demonstrates strong UX and visual design capabilities across a range of different projects
- Exceptional craft and executional design skills. Everything you touch is beautiful.
- Deep understanding of UX best practices and information architecture
- Demonstration of exceptional design, branding and typography skills
- Experience translating research and usability findings into iterative product solutions
- Experience working in agile and lean environments
- Strong command of design software: Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, inVision
- Entrepreneurial interest, a passion for pets and an excitement to work in a start-up
- Expert ability to look at cute cats and dogs all day long
Does this match your profile? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law
Back to top