Senior Backend Engineer (m/f) for one of our Ventures in Munich
Key responsibilities and duties
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Java code.
- Work closely alongside product, UX and front end development team to design and implement new product features.
- Identify and resolve application bugs, performance bottlenecks and technical debt.
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automation.
- Support application deployments and infrastructure.
- Guide external and junior developers.
Requirements and desired skills
- 3+ years developing Java based web applications, ideally Java 8+
- Expert knowledge of Spring ecosystem
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch
- Knowledge of build tools such as Gradle
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration framework
- Experience designing, deploying and maintaining cloud based environments - AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
Application current state
- Multiple Spring Boot applications
- Elasticsearch cluster
- PostgreSQL database
- Continuously deployed to Kubernetes cluster running in AWS
- Infrastructure managed with Terraform
- CI environment using GitHub, Travis CI, SonarQube
- Administration application using Vaadin framework
- Application monitoring with Kibana, Sentry and DataDog
What can you expect?
- Be part of a new dynamic team and shape the future right from the beginning starting August 2017
- Join a well-funded start-up venture backed by a large corporation
- Receive an attractive package that balances work and life in the boom town of Munich, Germany
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
Lead Strategic Designer
James focuses on the convergence between understanding consumer needs and making sure everything DV creates is innovative, feasible, and value-generating, both for clients and for the company.
Back to top