Senior Back-End Engineer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies. Our mission is to invent, launch, scale and invest in game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential corporations.
Adventure awaits you…
Build innovative businesses from the ground up
We are shaping the next generation of startups, and we’re looking for the brightest minds in the business to help us. Our world-class, multidisciplinary team will challenge you to push the boundaries of the industry. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, we invite you to join our mission.
Engineering at BCGDV
Our multidisciplinary engineering team tackles challenges at their core. From product and test engineers to full stack engineers and data scientists, these venture builders all share a passion for innovative and emerging digital solutions. Working in collaboration with product and design teams, they use cutting-edge and custom technologies to imagine, build and launch breakthrough digital businesses that disrupt markets and generate untold value for businesses and consumers alike.
In your role you will...
- Design and build back-end applications encompassing data services, cloud deployment, server-side and server-less architecture and provide expertise in key aspects of engineering such as data, application and platform security, platform scalability, performance and extensibility
- Work within a venture/startup team alongside fellow engineers, data scientists, product managers, designers and growth marketers to design, build and deliver the venture from start to completion
- Work directly with the Venture CTO and other lead engineers, providing thought-leadership for the team and contributing to design and architecture sessions before helping to develop those ideas into functional components and services
- Contribute to a strong backend engineering team working to deliver services for the front-end, mobile and data science teams to build other applications and components on top of
- Work with fellow engineering colleagues to contribute to common engineering objectives and services as well as the wider strategic roadmap
You should have...
- A minimum of 4 years back-end application, data and platform engineering experience
- Strong experience with one or more scripting and object-oriented languages such as Java, Ruby on Rails, Go, Node and Python
- Firm understanding and experience working with relational and noSQL databases
- Strong experience with designing back-end server and server-less architectures with an emphasis on scalability, performance and extensibility
- Experience with common programming frameworks such as Spring and Play
- Solid understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful apis, working with different message formats i.e. JSON, XMLStrong experience working with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google, Azure as well as the managed services on those platforms, i.e. Aurora, Beanstalk, Lambda, BigQuery etc.
- An understanding of platform, application and data security
Additional desired competencies are...
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with any emerging technology like Blockchain, AR/VR, IIoT, AI
- Experience in technology strategy and roadmap consulting to executives of large corporates
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top