Senior Back End Engineer
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
A wholly owned subsidiary of the Boston Consulting Group, we invent, launch, scale, and invest in game changing start-ups with the world's most influential companies. We know that we have the greatest impact when people with different perspectives from different backgrounds work together inclusively and with relentless dedication to the customer. BCGDV brings together multidisciplined teams to create extraordinary ventures that have a profound impact on the way the world thinks, works, interacts and behaves every day. If you have the passion, tenacity, and curiosity to build innovative businesses from the ground up, adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Engineering Team.
Our Engineers design, develop and maintain the technology which is at the core of our ventures, solving challenging problems with radically simple solutions that disrupt markets, generate value and positively impact millions of lives. Working in multidisciplinary teams of Product, Business, and Design professionals, Engineers at BCGDV build products from scratch and create testable software which delivers maximum value for our ventures. You are given the opportunity to learn technologies which are outside of your core specialism due to shifting projects and the opportunity to rotate from one venture to the next.
As a Senior Back End Engineer, you will use your skills to
- Build, maintain and refine high performance, scalable systems, serving an essential function in all groundwork, infrastructure and product discussions from conception to completion.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performance code base.
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technology discussions.
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for designing product user interfaces that help drive rapid business growth.
- Apply expertise in developing back-end application and services in Golang
- Develop service-based architecture and designing persistence and caching models using RDBMS and NoSQL.
As a Senior Back End Engineer, you will need:
- 5 + years engineering experience, building backend applications and services with expertise any C Based Language.
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages. Experience with Golang would be highly desirable.
- Experience developing complex object-oriented software and service-based architecture.
- Proven competencies in designing persistence and caching models using both RDBMS and NoSQLA deep understanding of software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews and design documentation
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills.
- Exposure to modern infrastructure automation (infrastructure as code) techniques and tools (e.g: Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Familiarity with container clustering technologies, e.g: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, Rancher, ECS, GCE.
- Familiarity in building CI/CD systems and pipelines, e.g: Jenkins, GitlabCI, TravisCI, Buildkite.
- Understanding networking concepts. e.g: DNS, TCP, HTTP, routing, firewalls, CDN, etc.
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Back to top