People & Talent Lead
About BCG Digital Ventures
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. We share risk and invest alongside our corporate and startup partners via a range of collaborative options.
Founded in 2014, we have major Innovation and Investment Centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, Shanghai, London, Sydney, San Francisco and New York, as well as DV Hatches in Silicon Valley, Seattle and Mexico City, with more locations opening in the coming quarters.
Our Centers and Hatches are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, operators and investors who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
For further information, please visit www.bcgdv.com
Introducing our Venture Operations Team
Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
We are looking for an outstanding People & Talent Lead (m/f) to support our Shanghai-based team in a variety of tasks, including career discussions, employee staffing and project capacity management, as well as the contribution to further HR projects. With your strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as your ability to act upon business needs, you will be a valuable part of our Human Resources team.
As a People & Talent Lead (m/f) you will use your skills to:
- Act as a HR Business Partner between the Shanghai leadership team and our Venture employees, ensuring staffing decisions are based on personal development and business goals
- Lead the Staffing activities among our disciplines to successfully resource DV Shanghai 's business activities, including planning, tracking, and reporting on employee availability and overall capacity situation
- Ensure critical information is linked between operations, staffing, recruiting, learning and career development functions and liaise with global and local counterparts to refine core and technical competencies
- Maintain and expand our relationship with freelancers and assign their resources where needed
- Work with BCG HR and relevant global teams to assist with career transition, transfer/ mobility programs and identify potential opportunities for cross-staffing
- Support Personal Growth Process and lead individual career discussions with venture employees
- Create and maintain communication strategies across all levels of the business to support a culture of openness and involvement
- Lead special projects in HR strategy, implementation and reporting
As a People & Talent Lead (m/f) you will need:
- Degree level qualification in business, psychology, social sciences or equivalent
- Minimum five years+ generalist HR experience
- Experience in one or several: performance management, project management, capacity management, career development, coaching, HR administration
- Previous experience working in a start-up, design agency or technology based organisation a plus
- Significant experience with MS-Office (Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Pro-activeness, ability to take initiative, and comfort working independently to drive toward results
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Very strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and ability to build rapport
- Service orientation and responsiveness to business needs
- Initiative and the ability to recognize opportunities for improvement
- Business fluent in English
What we offer:
- International and interdisciplinary teams working on ventures for the world's leading companies
- Opportunity to gain relevant experiences in building companies across different industries
- Regular office and team events as well as constant exchange in the Shanghai startup scene
- Individual learning opportunities and a personalized mentoring program
- Modern office in the vibrant heart of Shanghai
- Relocation assistance for internationals and free German language courses
- In-house health and wellness initiatives, i.e. yoga, massage sessions, organic fruits, etc.
- Does this match your profile? If so, we look forward to receiving your application, preferably in English.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
Back to top