Node.js Engineer - InsureTech
BCG DV is about to launch 2 ventures in the Belgian insurtech space, together with our corporate partner.
This is the outcome of a 12 months journey in which we have identified attractive opportunities in Belgium and developed 2 innovative products that will be ready for commercialization as of October. These ventures will be independent entities, with both BCG Digital Ventures and the corporate partner committing funding their growth. Initial target market for both start-ups is related to insurance and focussing on Belgium as a first step – with plans for international expansion in the near future.
We are now recruiting top Belgian talent to complete our leadership team including a Lead Engineer, based in Brussels.
As a Back End Engineer you will own the backend infrastructure and architectural decisions to build and scale our product. As one of the early employees in this new initiative, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in strategic decisions and the overall direction of the venture.
What you'll do:
- Build a range of APIs to serve multiple consumers including customer facing apps
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to plan, coordinate and seek feedback
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Implement scalable and maintainable backend services
- Build smooth and stable products
- Utilize a pro-active and responsive approach to problem-solving
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers and key individuals to deliver empowering user experiences
What you'll need:
- Strong knowledge Node.js
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. AWS)
- Rave about the benefits that CI / CD has given you in previous projects
- Demonstrated experience in implementing highly scalable backend services
- You know when to use a non-relational instead of a traditional relational database
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Comfortable working with Unix-like systems
- Great communication skills
- Bonus to have a link to your GitHub
Back to top