Lead Strategic Designer (m/f)
About BCG Digital Ventures
BCG Digital Ventures is a corporate investment and incubation firm. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. We share risk and invest alongside our corporate and startup partners via a range of collaborative options.
Founded in 2014, we have major Innovation and Investment Centers in Manhattan Beach, Berlin, London, Sydney, San Francisco and New York, as well as DV Hatches in Silicon Valley, Seattle and Mexico City, with more locations opening in the coming quarters. Our Centers and Hatches are home to a diverse range of entrepreneurs, operators and investors who are building businesses, creating and expanding markets and developing new technologies that benefit millions of people across the globe.
To learn more, visit www.bcgdv.com
Introducing our Venture Teams
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Teams consist of world-class business leaders, designers, engineers, product specialists and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Lead Strategic Designer (m/f) you will use your skills to:
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research investigations that help strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
- Develop ethnographic research and contextual design investigations to understand customer behaviors, pain points, needs and aspirations
- Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
- Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
- Design and facilitate workshops and immersion sessions with multi-disciplinary client teams
- Use divergent design thinking techniques for the conceptual development of products, services and/or physical connected form-factors
- Communicate design ideas using techniques, including product concepts, service models, customer journeys, industrial designs, system maps and/or infographics
- Converge innovative ideas to a set of digital and tangible products, services and/or physical connected form-factors in partnership with Experience Designers, Venture Architects, Product Managers and Engineers
- Iteratively design, test and refine disruptive products and services
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure that product development and delivery is consistent with strategic and consumer insights
- Align with technologists and business stakeholders to understand business and operating models, as well as the systems and capabilities needed to deliver products and services
- Contribute to the sizing of value opportunities and the creation of value cases
- Partner with venture architects and product managers to ensure that new ventures and business builds are set up to deliver strategic value in line with design intent
- Contribute to the shaping and growth of a localized strategic design team through referrals and participating in external events where strategic candidates may be sourced by BCGDV recruiting
- Contribute to business development, as well as the planning and scoping of innovation and incubation projects
- Communicate insights, concepts and design rationales to internal and external audiences
As a Lead Strategic Designer (m/f) you will need:
- Undergraduate degree in Design, Business, Psychology, Strategy, Marketing or equivalent qualification; Master graduates preferred
- Min. 6 years of relevant experience in ethnographic research and building products; experience in a startup, tech company and/or agile environment is a plus
- Exprience in waterfall and agile/SCRUM methodologies alike
- Positive attitude and an intrinsic motivation to deliver highest quality work
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills, empathy and willingness to work in interdisciplinary teams
- General understanding of business models and economics
- Business fluent in German and English; an additional language is a plus
What we offer:
- International and interdisciplinary teams working on ventures for the world's leading companies
- Opportunity to gain relevant experiences in building companies across different industries
- Regular office and team events as well as constant exchange with the Berlin BCGDV team
- Individual learning opportunities and a personalized mentoring program
- Relocation assistance for internationals
- In-house health and wellness initiatives, i.e. yoga, massage sessions, organic fruits, etc.
Does this match your profile? If so, we look forward to receive your application, incl. your design portfolio.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.
Back to top