Lead Product Manager
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Build Team consists of world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
Product Management Overview
Product managers are builders that bear overall responsibility for product definition and delivery. Product managers work with design, strategy and engineering to create a compelling vision culminating with delivery of a disruptive product to market that fits customer needs. The product manager facilitates the product requirements gathering across the team, and manages the incubation/commercialization process gates and deadlines to ensure successful and hygienic delivery. Product managers are the driver of the multidisciplinary team through lean, agile-based incubation and commercialization process – e.g., Build, Learn, Adapt.
Product Managers must possess a broad base of skills and knowledge spanning digital technology, strategy and business planning, user experience design, engineering and agile/lean development practices. They must possess an entrepreneurial drive to develop new products, while managing client needs and timeframes to broker complex relationships that evolve into real solutions. The ultimate success of a product manager hinges on their ability to guide their peers while influencing decision makers.
As a Lead Product Manager, you will:
- Lead multidisciplinary teams in fast paced environments from project formation to scoping, design, concept testing and delivery while meeting and managing client expectations
- Act as the voice of the customer in the definition of innovative digital solutions
- Provide insights into product, technology and market trends
- Develop feature lists, user stories, and roadmaps
- Work with strategic design to gain an understanding of user personas, pain points and journeys
- Act as the primary product owner in managing the product backlog and development priorities
- Gather and manage product feedback through surveys, concept testing, analytics tools, and A/B testing
- Design, monitor and report on product KPIs
- Develop business cases and operating plans
- Assist in the development of new business proposals
- Develop and monitor budgets
- Develop materials for partner and client updates
- Be a champion of the MVP concept, distilling the product down to what is desirable, viable and feasible
As a Lead Product Manager, you will need:
- 7+ years of Product Management experience
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in a technical discipline (computer science, electrical engineering)
- An MBA or other advanced degree (preferred)
- Strong understanding of mobile and web technologies and industries
- A demonstrated and focused desire to build products and services that customers will love
- Working knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Experience launching multiple digital products
- The ability to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually-demanding and service-oriented environment
- An ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- A diligent attention to detail and strong technical intuition
- Excellent leadership skills with experience leading cross-functional teams
- The ability to manage time and schedules to meet aggressive deadlines and influence through persuasive written and verbal communication
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top