LEAD iOS ENGINEER
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Build Team consists of world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Lead iOS Engineer, you will use your skills to:
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for implementing product user interfaces, and working with visual and experience designers to get the best from the platform
- Build smooth, stable and beautiful products
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers and key individuals across BCG Digital Ventures to deliver empowering user experiences
- Communicate ideas with cross-functional teams in an effective manner
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technological discussions
- Utilize a proactive and responsive approach to problem-solving
- Apply experience with Swift, Objective-C and CocoaTouch frameworks
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of MVC design patterns, OOP and development best practices
- Serve a central role in leading the process of designing and building iOS apps (groundwork, infrastructure and product discussions) from start to finish
- Lead the development and implementation of best practices in all areas of design and development
- Help to build the organization by involvement in cross-disciplinary recruitment activities
As a Lead iOS Engineer, you will need:
- 8+ years of experience in software development, including 5 or more years with Swift, Objective-C and CocoaTouch frameworks, and 5+ years leading teams
- Degree-level education or equivalent experience, for example BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or similar subject
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
- Deep knowledge of application and system architectures using design patterns, OOP and development best practices, together with the experience to know how to adapt them to fit project requirements
- Experience designing and building mobile applications that utilize web services, contributing to the design and development of back-end systems
- A preference for working with cross-disciplinary teams to introduce and enhance behaviour and test-driven approaches, resulting in clean, elegant code and application architectures
- Significant experience of leading a range of Agile techniques, and improving team performance by adapting processes to the situation
- Experience of provisioning and distribution of apps to the App Store and Enterprise deployments
- A background of leading, implementing and enhancing standards for development processes, code conventions and working practices
- A track record of leading cross-functional teams, getting the best out of team members from different disciplines
- Recognized contributions to the wider industry through activities such as conference presentations, books and/or open source projects
Some examples of the platforms and tools that we use:
- Swift (for new projects) and Objective-C (in legacy projects)
- The Core CocoaTouch and iOS frameworks
- Interface frameworks e.g. AutoLayout and CoreAnimation
- CocoaTouch components such as MapKit, EventKit, PushKit
- Low-level libraries and hardware interfaces e.g. CoreBluetooth
- Relational databases e.g. CoreData, and No-SQL frameworks e.g. Couchbase
- Libraries e.g. Alamofire and Realm with tools like CocoaPods and Carthage
- Web services, REST and JSON interfaces
- Test frameworks including XCTest, Quick, Appium, Cucumber etc; and tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo etc
- Development and distribution services e.g. HockeyApp, Fabric etc
- Hardware platforms such as Arduino and Raspberry Pi
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top