LEAD FULL-STACK ENGINEER
As a Lead Full-stack Engineer, you will use your skills to:
- Build responsive and beautiful web applications.
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
- Develop high quality, scalable and maintainable systems using service oriented architecture and micro-services
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
- Pro-actively recommend new solutions or technologies to improve digital platform quality and performance
- Foster innovation through research and conducts studies of alternatives, analyzes and recommends changes in project developmental policies, procedures, standards, and development strategies.
- Updates professional knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products, participating in educational/ training opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks.
- Manage development of staff, as applicable
As a Lead Full-stack Engineer, you will need:
- 8+ years software development experience including 3+ years developing web applications
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g.: JQuery, AngularJS, ReactJS, Express, Swagger, SailJS, etc…)
- Experience with the full web stack performance optimization techniques including the front end application, networking stack and web server components
- Experience with object oriented design and building of backend applications and REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Experience designing and developing a service-based architecture and/or micro services
- Experience in designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
Ideally you will also have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience (e.g.: Arduino)
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience
- UX / UI design Experience
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
James K.Lead Strategic Designer
James focuses on the convergence between understanding consumer needs and making sure everything DV creates is innovative, feasible, and value-generating, both for clients and for the company.
Back to top