LEAD FULL-STACK ENGINEER
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Build Team consists of world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Lead Full-stack Engineer, you will use your skills to:
- Build responsive and beautiful web applications.
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
- Develop high quality, scalable and maintainable systems using service oriented architecture and micro-services
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and software and hardware engineers.
- Pro-actively recommend new solutions or technologies to improve digital platform quality and performance
- Foster innovation through research and conducts studies of alternatives, analyzes and recommends changes in project developmental policies, procedures, standards, and development strategies.
- Updates professional knowledge by researching new internet technologies and software products, participating in educational/ training opportunities, reading professional publications, and maintaining professional networks.
- Manage development of staff, as applicable
As a Lead Full-stack Engineer, you will need:
- 8+ years software development experience including 3+ years developing web applications
- Experience with modern web frameworks (e.g.: JQuery, AngularJS, ReactJS, Express, Swagger, SailJS, etc…)
- Experience with the full web stack performance optimization techniques including the front end application, networking stack and web server components
- Experience with object oriented design and building of backend applications and REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Experience designing and developing a service-based architecture and/or micro services
- Experience in designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
Ideally you will also have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc…)
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience (e.g.: Arduino)
- Entrepreneurial / Startup Experience
- UX / UI design Experience
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top