Lead Full Stack Engineer - Stealth Healthcare Startup
BCG Digital Ventures has launched a new digital business, a personal pain tracking platform that uses science and data to provide patients and physicians with actionable insights to manage their condition. Backed by one of the world's leading medical technology companies, this platform is being developed in Silicon Valley, California. The platform is an easy-to-use decision support tool for patients experiencing bodily pain to improve communication with pain specialists and physicians. The more people that use the platform, the smarter it becomes – join our team today and help the over 100M patients that suffer from chronic pain each year.
- Build responsive, mobile friendly and beautiful web applications.
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms.
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers.
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- Mentor and lead other engineering team members
- Interview candidates for open positions
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years software engineering experience with expertise in Web Applications development.
- 2+ years experience with building backend applications and services using Node.js
- 1+ year real-world experiencewith React.
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc)
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro services
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment (we use AWS & Docker).
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc)
- Great understanding of single page applications architecture, how to design a CSS framework and reusable components. Critical rendering path and application performance optimization.
- Web accessibility, progressive and offline web applications is a plus
- Experience with native and/or hybrid mobile development (e.g.: iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic, etc)
- Entrepreneurial / Startup
- ExperienceUX / UI design Experience
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
As Lead Engineer at BCG Digital Ventures, Muneeb creates and designs products for startups and corporate clients.
Back to top