Lead Data Scientist - elovee
We are excited to launch elovee, a healthcare startup focused on developing technology to improve day-to-day care for seniors with dementia. We are backed by Koru, an incubation platform designed to drive breakout growth by building a portfolio of new digital ventures across the private equity, infrastructure, and natural resources spaces. Koru was created by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (“Ontario Teachers’”) andBCG Digital Ventures’ (“BCGDV”); Ontario Teachers’ is one of the world’s leading private equity and infrastructure investors with $190+ billion in net assets as at December 31, 2018.
elovee was founded based on the idea that we can improve the experience of aging through technology. With an initial focus on seniors with dementia, a population of 50 million globally and set to triple by 2050, we seek to increase the quality of life for our users by providing comforting interactions with a loved one's likeness. We combine data science, design and neuropsychology expertise to deliver comforting, empathetic voice and visual interactions with loved ones, available 24/7. Our aim is to be the world’s leading dementia care platform, comforting seniors, empowering caregivers, and bolstering loved ones relationships.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist with a background in deep learning and natural language processing. In this role you will be responsible for developing, executing, and overseeing the day-to-day management of the company’s data science team that will be focused on personalization. Additionally, alongside the product and engineering teams, you will have a role in shaping the product.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a deep background in data science, have strong management skills and an ability to attract, hire, and retain data scientists.
This is a great opportunity to build something from the ground up.
What you'll do:
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for building the data foundation, products, and capabilities that drive business growth
- Build innovative data products (e.g., real-time services, such as personalization and commerce graphing using Big Data platforms with real-time data ingestion and processing)
- Execute descriptive analyses, ranging from identifying product opportunities to understanding user behavior
- Cultivate and nurture strong collaborative relationships with product, engineering, senior stakeholders
- Help recruit and build a team of data scientists
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team through design review, pair programming, code reviews, and tech talks
- M.S. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or related areas
- 5+ Years of experience building production-ready machine learning systems
- Background in deep learning and natural language processing
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of Machine Learning, Data Science, and Deep Neural Networks
- Fluency with at least one of the modern distributed ML frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- One or more programming languages like Python, Java, R, C++, or Scala
- Good understanding of CS Fundamentals: (Algorithms, Data Structures, Graph Theory, etc.)
- Experience leading and managing a team of data scientists
- Delivering data science components that are part of successful commercial products
- Experience working with GPUs to develop models, Big Data and Fast Data (i.e., real time streaming)
- Knowledge of Linux-based OS and experience modelling on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
Additional desired competencies:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related area
- At least 8 years of relevant Machine Learning work experience
- Experience with at least three of the following: Word2Vec, Attention-Based Seq2Seq Models, Deep Reinforcement Learning, Bayesian Machine Learning, Probabilistic Graphical Models, DSP, etc.
- Experience with distributed systems such as Hadoop/MapReduce, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, NoSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Experience with speech processing, cloud-native architecture, GoLang, Kubernetes, Terraform
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law
Back to top