Junior IT Support
IT Support Specialist
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome!
Have you always wanted to work in a dynamic, fast moving startup, but were put off by the associated risk? At BCG Digital Ventures we launch a new business every month and we have the backing of one of the world’s leading consultancy firms: the Boston Consulting Group. We combine BCG’s resources and domain expertise with our diverse, global team of accomplished designers, engineers, product experts and business strategists to launch ventures in many different industries, incorporating cutting edge technology such as blockchain or machine learning. All of us are entrepreneurs at heart, seeking to move quickly and nimbly in order to find new ways of delivering value to our customers.
What you'll get to do here
· Provide a high level of customer service while supporting case teams and office based staff in a fast-paced environment. Support includes, but is not limited to, Macs, PCs, AV, Webex, smart-phones, Cisco call manager phone and voice mail systems, both in and outside the office.
· Manage local technology in order to increase reliability, security, interoperability, effectiveness of customer work while reducing costs, both in the office and at remote site.
· Understand and effectively discuss services and software provided by IT Service
· Gather feedback and evaluate impact of IT Service offerings
· Assist in preparing and deploying Macbooks and Windows laptops for staff, including configuration and imaging.
· Support a variety of operating systems and applications
· Hardware and software asset tracking and inventory management
· Coordinate the repair and maintenance of AV, office printers and computing equipment with outside vendors
· Provide on-site technical support at special events, e.g., executive speeches, press conferences, offsite meetings, etc.
· Communicate frequently with end users as well as with local, regional, and global support teams
· Maintain configurations of all notebook and desktop computer systems according to established BCGDV requirements
· Document and update technology related instructions/procedures/knowledge articles as required
· Oversee and troubleshoot video conference and telecommunications systems in coordination with regional technical resources
· Maintain problem call history by recording calls in Service Now help desk tracking database; analyze call data to proactively identify improvement opportunities
· Participate in local, regional, and global projects as appropriate to evaluate existing systems and recommend technology for upgrade and replacement; evaluate new technologies for potential applicability within BCGDV
· Achieve annual goals and objectives, developed in cooperation with IT Service organization and local management
What you’ll bring
· Experience troubleshooting Mac OS, Windows 7&10, Active Directory, Citrix, VM Fusion/Moka5, Airwatch MDM, Office Suite, Internet Explorer, VPN/network connectivity, Google environment, Egnyte, AV, Crestron controls
· Ability to diagnose problems and provide solutions and/or escalate to the appropriate expertise area, including IT Toolbox and other internal BCG resources
· Basic skills in the following areas: MAC/PC/laptop hardware, software, telecommunications, mobile devices, networking, and server administration
· Lifting/moving equipment is required
· Some travel may be required
· Computer management, SCCM & Casper
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. To learn more, visit us at www.bcgdv.com / Click here to find out more about life at DV London
Back to top