BCG DV is about to launch 2 ventures in the Belgian insurtech space, together with our corporate partner.
This is the outcome of a 12 months journey in which we have identified attractive opportunities in Belgium and developed 2 innovative products that will be ready for commercialization as of October. These ventures will be independent entities, with both BCG Digital Ventures and the corporate partner committing funding their growth. Initial target market for both start-ups is related to insurance and focussing on Belgium as a first step – with plans for international expansion in the near future.
We are now recruiting top Belgian talent to be based in Brussels.
As a Front End Engineer you will own the frontend development on all web and mobile based products, including internal operation tools as well as external-facing websites. Our product is due to launch soon, and as one of the early employees in this new initiative, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in strategic decisions and the overall direction of the venture.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development of our web and mobile products
- Improve our build process and deployment
- Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers and key individuals to deliver empowering user experiences
- Communicate ideas with cross-functional teams in an effective manner
- Build UIs using modern tools such as ES6, React, Redux and React Native.
- Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
What you'll need:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- You know the difference between GIT merge and GIT rebase
- You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. AWS)
- Rave about the benefits that CI / CD has given you in previous projects
- Care deeply about performance, accessibility and API design
- Have a high bar for user experience quality
- A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
- Great communication skills
Back to top