Head of People and Operations | DV Singapore
We're BCG Digital Ventures.
Are you ready for the adventure of a lifetime?
Do you want to be part of a company that is having a profound impact on the way the world thinks, works, interacts and behaves every day?
At BCG Digital Ventures (BCGDV) we invent, launch, and scale game-changing businesses with the world’s most important corporations and partners. We’re BCG’s global invention and venturing business. In many ways, we’re the next iteration of its proud 50 year plus history of driving businesses further. We exist to fundamentally challenge what’s possible and transform everyday life.
Who works at BCGDV? We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
As our Head of People & Operations, you would be part of the Venture Operations Team. Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From people & talent, information technology and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
The Head of People and Operations functions as the lead business and operations manager for the BCG Digital Ventures (DV) Singapore (SG) office, contributing to the enhanced performance of DV SG office. This includes serving as the "right hand" to the DV SG Partner Group, being a thought partner on direction and performance of the business, particularly as this relates to commercial and operational matters.
As the most senior member of the Venture Operations team in the office, this person is responsible for the alignment, management, and coordination of the non-Partner and Venture Operations. The Head of People and Operations is expected to produce a smooth, day-to-day operation focused on service, excellence and business acumen, and to help build and reinforce a positive, close-knit office culture. He/she is responsible for the general management of the office and for building and managing the office’s operations and Venture Operations employees.
The Head of People and Operations also oversees the people agenda of the DV SG office, which includes oversight of and implementation of the professional development processes, affiliation/retention programs, recruiting, pyramid management and the execution of other programs related to the career and development of the DV Team.
As BCGDV is a global organisation, this role will coordinate and work in partnership with counterparts from other hubs and satellites within DV and other regions.
The Head of People and Operations reports to the local Partners, the Sydney People & Operations Director, and the COO of DV.
Job Description Includes:
- Thought partner to the Regional Partner Group on direction and performance of the business
- Execute the overall strategy and operational management of all the business functions (Commercial support, finance, accounting, IT, HR, Talent Attraction, Communications, marketing, Office & Admin services)
- Refine and adjust plans to achieve financial and operating targets/goals, including resourcing and cost controls
- Work with global counterparts to implement global initiatives locally
- Manage strategic and commercial planning
- Manage and oversee finance, pipeline and cost controls
- Manage capacity planning
- Build and oversee operational infrastructure for the office including management or coordination of support services (e.g. facilities – including build out, administrative support, office services, HR, recruiting, etc)
- Oversee People & Talent function
- Operate as the primary point person for issues of morale, retention and affiliation
- Oversee and implement strong Risk Management processes
- Manage and coordinate any legal matters for the business
- Represent office on the Global Functions and Operations Team and actively support DV Global initiatives
As a Head of Operations and People, you must/have/be:
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience with progressively increasing levels of responsibility, preferably within a professional services firm or Digital/Tech firm in Operations or General Management role
- Minimum of 5 years managing a diverse team highly preferred
- Experience managing and advising Senior level executives
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or other professional degree preferred.
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Infrequent travel may be required
- Occasional evening and weekend work may be required
- A demonstrated understanding of business operations and an appreciation for how to prioritize among demands and balance the levers that make a complex business run smoothly and productively
- Excellent people management skills; ability to provide honest feedback and support in the development of employees’ capabilities; ability to resolve problems that affect employee performance; provide inspirational leadership and gain trust, respect and praise of direct reports
- Flexibility and responsiveness in responding to all constituents.
- Must show superior attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must demonstrate a self-starting attitude, be proactive, mature and team player.
- Creative about how to identify and implement new approaches to address people’s needs and support the growth and sustainability of the business
- Demonstrate willingness to perform a wide range of activities from routine tasks to unique analyses.
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
Back to top