Head of Engineering - Jaimy
Head of Engineering - Jaimy, Brussels
Jaimy is the future of high-quality home renovation and repairs in Belgium. We are an intelligent marketplace which connects customers with the right trader to carry out work in their home. Our accurate estimates powered by machine learning technology mean both traders and customers save time by saving on unnecessary site visits or lengthy negotiations on price before starting works. Customers can easily access high quality, trustworthy traders, whilst traders have access to high quality, relevant local jobs.
There is a very clear market gap in Belgian for consumers seeking high quality traders; Jaimy seeks to fill that gap, and is backed by a large Belgian corporate firm. This is just the start: we are scaling up quickly and are set to launch on nationwide TV later this year. We’re looking for smart people to join us on this journey to build a company that delights traders and home proud customers alike.
As the Head of Engineering you will oversee all internal development initiatives, sprints, and operation of the engineering team. You will be responsible for the architectural direction of the team, and provide guidance to build the best possible product. You’ll work closely with the business to make sure engineering is providing optimal support to the business.
This is a brilliant opportunity - as well as developing a product from scratch, you'll be growing a team and shaping an engineering culture.
What you'll do:
- Lead on architecture and implementation of scalable and maintainable front and backend services
- Build smooth and stable products
- Lead a team of engineers, designers and key individuals
- Communicate ideas with cross-functional teams in an effective manner
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technological discussions
What you'll need:
- Sustained experience of software development
- Experience with the technology stack is desirable (Ruby on Rails, React)
- Understanding of internet security
- Ability to oversee quality control
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solution architecture experience
- Excellent track record of TDD
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing a successful development team
- Commercially aware with a sound ability to translate business objectives into technology solutions
- Cloud Architecture experience highly desirable
Our Tech Stack:
- Ruby on Rails, React, ES6, AWS, Terraform, Heroku
Back to top