Fullstack Engineer - elovee
We are excited to launch elovee, a healthcare startup focused on developing technology to improve day-to-day care for seniors with dementia. We are backed by Koru, an incubation platform designed to drive breakout growth by building a portfolio of new digital ventures across the private equity, infrastructure, and natural resources spaces. Koru was created by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (“Ontario Teachers’”) andBCG Digital Ventures’ (“BCGDV”); Ontario Teachers’ is one of the world’s leading private equity and infrastructure investors with $190+ billion in net assets as at December 31, 2018.
elovee was founded based on the idea that we can improve the experience of aging through technology. With an initial focus on seniors with dementia, a population of 50 million globally and set to triple by 2050, we seek to increase the quality of life for our users by providing comforting interactions with a loved one's likeness. We combine data science, design and neuropsychology expertise to deliver comforting, empathetic voice and visual interactions with loved ones, available 24/7. Our aim is to be the world’s leading dementia care platform, comforting seniors, empowering caregivers, and bolstering loved ones relationships. We are looking for an exceptional Full-Stack Engineer to join this disruptive startup.
- Build responsive, mobile applications end to end
- Create REST based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile platforms
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers
- Implement a rich and intuitive configuration and report interface
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, and performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 2+ years with AngularJS or ReactJS, React Native
- Experience with performance optimization techniques
- Experience with object oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services using Java or Node.js
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and/or micro services
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure and maintain your own dev/build environment.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation, etc…)
- Knowledge of/familiarity with virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
Additional Preferred Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- Experience with C# a plus
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law
Back to top