Experience Design Lead for Stealth Consumer Lifestyle Venture in NYC
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product experts and investors. We invent, build and launch startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for the most important global companies enabling them to own the next horizon of innovation.
We are getting ready to launch and scale a new, stealth venture within a leading skin care and aesthetics company that will transform the medical aesthetics market and beauty space. With funding in place, this venture is well positioned to disrupt the multi-billion dollar US medical aesthetics market, infusing cutting edge technology and killer content into an industry primed for innovation.
The Role: Lead Experience Designer
Lead UI/UX Designers drive UX strategy and interaction design to create products that engage and inspire. They have a strong understanding of design thinking, human-centered design, human computer interaction and are fluent in the latest technology trends. They are design leaders, innovative problem solvers, self-starters and strong collaborators who excel in a fast-paced environment.
What You Will Do:
- Lead a Design team through conception and implementation of product design vision
- Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to the team, both verbally and visually.
- Lead and participate in concept sessions leveraging ethnographic research and design thinking.
- Balance customer frictions and needs with business goals, market viability and technical feasibility
- Translate customer insights into concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, and system maps,
- Lead a Design team to concept and execute the overall user experience, user flows, wireframes, and information architecture of the product.
- Lead a Design team to concept and execute user interfaces, interaction models, visual design comps and prototypes with Sketch, Adobe CS, InVision, and other tools.
- Incorporate user research and usability testing to iterate on product solutions.
- Partner with engineering to ensure designs are properly implemented.
- Lead the Design team’s process and decision making including planning, prioritizing, and scheduling.
- Collaborate effectively with multi-disciplinary teams including, Product Managers, Engineers, Marketers, and Content Strategists.
- Work with brand / naming agencies marketing to develop brand guidelines, online advertising, and websites.
- Empower Design team through knowledge sharing, presentations, recruiting, and coaching other Designers.
Who You Are:
- Degree in Interaction Design, Design & Technology, Human-Computer-Interaction, or design-related field or equivalent industry experience
- 8+ years of professional experience as an Experience Designer.
- 4+ years of people management experience.
- Working experience with Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision.
- Proven experience delivering concepts, personas, user journeys, storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Exceptional communication skills and presentation skills.
- Excellent people management skills to collaborate with colleagues and cross-functional teams.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- A ready, online portfolio.
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top