Engineering Lead - Digital Health Start-Up
BCG Digital Ventures, a start-up incubator, is building an innovative digital business with support from a pharmaceutical company specialising in rare major diseases.
We're building a product that will transform patient experience and long term outcomes. In a market ripe for disruption, we have plans to aggressively grow and capture a majority market share, initially in Europe, with plans to scale up to 20 people by 2020.
We're looking for an Engineering Lead to join the team - someone who will collaborate with peers across design and the business to build a great product. The role will involve defining, articulating and executing technology strategy from venture launch to scale; building and shaping a groundbreaking product; and hiring, growing and mentoring a high calibre team of engineers.
What will the role involve?
- Leading an Agile team, working using Agile methodologies
- Overseeing architecture and technology design
- Hands on development - working with Ruby on Rails, iOS/Swift
- Ownership of sprint planning and release management
- Accountability for deliverables for assigned modules across sprints
- Hands on leadership and mentorship, nurturing and growing the engineering team
- Defining best practice around software development and quality assurance
- Collaborating with peers in design and product to build an excellent, groundbreaking product
What are we looking for?
- Understanding of building APIs with Ruby on Rails or understanding of Swift and the iOS ecosystem is highly desirable
- Experience running infrastructure on AWS and knowledge of containers and Fargate/ECS a strong plus
- Understanding of CI/CD tools especially CircleCI for building, testing and deploying containers
- Experience leading high performing cross-functional back-end/data science/iOS app teams
- Experience scaling products, overseeing their build from pre-launch through to maturity
- A strong communicator who can mentor and inspire their team, as well as influence their peers
- Experience building for the pharma/healthcare industry with the security and regulatory concerns involved is preferable
- Proven rigour in documenting decisions with medical device registration experience is highly desirable
- Ruby on Rails, Swift/iOS, AWS, CircleCI, CI/CD
Back to top