In your role as an Engineering Director at BCG Digital Ventures, you will:
- Oversee all aspects of the Engineering organization, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, hiring and retaining talent and best practices & technology stacks. Manage the end to end technology execution
- Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for entire solution stack. Work closely with lead engineers and architects to co-own the architecture and component strategy
- Actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and managing the releases.
- Provide hands-on technology leadership to the engineering team
- Provide expert technical guidance to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales and product.
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Identify risks and opportunities for each project
- Mentor, motivate, and lead Engineering teams to support a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Coordinate recruiting efforts across engineering units to ensure consistency and continued excellence
- Lead the organizations strategic planning process, coordinate with Product Development team to align engineering, and business priorities
You should have:
- 12+ years of experience of building large-scale digital products within a high growth, global, matrixed environment
- 5+ years in developing solution architecture and leading engineering teams at startups / spin offs for digital product development and complex (enterprise) system integration projects
- Proven ability to set technical vision and build the technical product roadmap from launch to scale; Drive continuous product improvement; Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, high quality and timely product releases
- Experience in establishing product sustainability (e.g. disaster recovery, business continuity plan etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and corporate clients for the venture.
- Ability to identify opportunities and challenges in the marketplace, with constant evaluation of technological advancements and innovation to mitigate impediments and drive success
- Hands on skills in one or more object oriented programming languages (Java/J2EE preferred)
- Experience with building service based architecture including use of micro services frameworks
- Good understanding of application security and regulatory compliance (PCI, PII, and/or HIPAA)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure services (AWS preferred)
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills - including requirements analysis, debugging and risk assessment
- A consistent record of rolling out digital products following Agile methodologies and different investment models
- Excellent social, writing and verbal communication skills
Highly desired skills:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working with any emerging technology like Blockchain, AR/VR, IIoT, AI
- Experience in technology strategy and roadmap consulting to executives of large corporates
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
Lead Strategic Designer
James focuses on the convergence between understanding consumer needs and making sure everything DV creates is innovative, feasible, and value-generating, both for clients and for the company.
Back to top