Chief Technology Officer - Stealth Memory Care Startup
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product authorities and investors. We invent, build and launch startups that create strategic advantages for the most impactful global companies enabling them to lead the next horizon of innovation.
We are launching a stealth startup, focused on developing technology to enhance day-to-day care of seniors with dementia. This startup is bringing together a cross-disciplinary team of data scientists, product designers, engineers, user-centered designers, and memory care experts, to build cutting edge tech to address a growing market of over 50 million seniors with memory diagnoses worldwide.
We are looking for an extraordinary leader who will lead the engineering effort of this disruptive startup.
You’re the technical co-founder & driving force for the engineering team, being the crucial interface between business, product and design. You dive deep into technical architecture, manage stakeholders, communicate towards peers and leadership and lead the engineering activities for the company. At the same time, you still have a passion for coding and a hands-on attitude which helps you to guide and support other engineers to bring highest value to the stakeholders (consumers and teams within), with experience in distributed systems and scalable architecture and a great understanding of Front End technologies.
Building great software at web scale requires a multidisciplinary approach to engineering. It is far more important to be able to reason intelligently about complex problems, and apply experience to new domains than it is to know specifics about the latest technology buzzword. You’re not expected to be an expert in all languages, but you should be able to write code in several core development languages, have worked with the important frameworks and tools in a variety of platforms, and be willing to use your knowledge and experience in new domains.
As the Chief Technology Officer You Will:
- Together with the CEO, you will shape the company’s executive team and help drive its strategy
- Build a product that includes AI, IoT, Mobile, Web, and Machine Learnings
- Define, articulate, and execute engineering strategy from launch to scale
- Lead a team of data scientists, engineers, and product managers
- Define technical requirements and systems architecture with clarity on feasibility, time, cost, and impact
- Build the systems required for testing, trials, commercial launch, and beyond
- Constantly evaluate technological advancements and innovative solutions to drive continuous product improvement
- Implement best practice coding methodologies and tools
- Design and implement testing frameworks
- Gain and share insights with other leadership team members to continue improving the product and the business
- Take ownership over existing MVP features/MVP production systems to grow and scale
- Effectively align resources to achieve key business priorities, including appropriate scope, and high quality / timely product releases
- Ensure all processes, services, and software comply with security and privacy regulations (FSA, HIPAA, GDPR) and other applicable laws.
- Continuously rebalance product / service features which maximize value and minimize effort to focus on the highest-returning initiatives
- Define and implement a consistent and repeatable process for quality assurance across all areas of organization and product build
- Know the latest modern technologies and selectively choose technologies to ensure our competitive advantage
Drive Talent & Teams
- Hire and retain a multidisciplinary, elite engineering team
- Cultivate a high-performing, engineering-empowered culture
- Evangelize technical vision and strategy both internally and externally
- Be a strategic thought partner to the CEO, ensuring the right balance between prioritizing scaling the team and cost as well as between growing locally versus remotely
Desired Expertise & Experience
- 10+ years architecting and building products from pre-launch through maturity
- Released (and maintained) at least 2 products to the market
- Experience designing and building AI products
- 7+ years building consumer-facing digital product experiences
- Startup experience in key engineering leadership positions at multiple high-growth technology companies
- Ability to stand up an organization and hire engineering talent
- An entrepreneurial spirit that is flexible, experimental, and resourceful
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with some of the following is a plus:
- Familiarity with Deep Learning and NLP: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, Seq2Seq Models, Word Embeddings, BRNNs, Dilated Convolutions, etc.
- Technology stack that includes:, iOS, Python, PyTorch, TensorFlow, GoLang, Node.js, gRPC, Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, AWS, Kafka, Redis, etc.
- Experience with backend/platform engineering, scaling performance engineering, security
- Cloud-native development and devops/CI/CD
- Device management including...[IoT, mobile, home/voice assistants]
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product experts and investors. We invent, build and launch startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for the most important global companies enabling them to own the next horizon of innovation.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Back to top