Chief Risk Officer Stealth Fintech Startup
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers,
venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, launch, scale and invest in
game-changing businesses with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures
we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help
them own the next horizon of innovation.
We are getting ready to launch and scale a stealth Fintech startup focused on providing
underbanked consumers access to innovative financial services. Financially backed by one of
the largest alternative financial services providers in the Americas, this startup is well positioned
to disrupt the $175 Billion US financial services industry for the underserved. The company is
currently in pre-launch and is expected to enter the market mid-2019.
We are looking for an exceptional risk officer to own and manage the current and future risk, security, and fraud of the Evergreen lending operations, and to define and oversee new security protocols that will take this highly advantaged early stage startup through its first phase of growth and beyond.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Oversee the risk management, compliance, and security functions.
- Develop risk maps and strategic action plans to mitigate the company's primary threats, and monitor the progress of risk mitigation efforts.
- Keep informed of industry changes, trends, and best practices, and assess the potential impact on processes and procedures.
- Develop and disseminate risk analysis and progress reports to company executives, board members and employees.
- Integrate risk management priorities into the company's overall strategic planning.
- Oversee funding and budgeting of risk management and mitigation projects.
- Overall organization and management of credit risk.
- Oversight and modification of our complex credit decision rules driving our lending business.
- Predictive Customer credit analytics using machine learning management.
- Development of mathematical models and statistical analysis as pertains to our lending operations.
- Develop creative and proactive solutions to credit risk issues.
Critical and Essential Tasks
- Develop and instigate a credit risk infrastructure specific to our lending operations.
- Review and update credit decision rules Develop a maintenance program for infrastructure to ensure sustainability.
- Work with relevant team members to ensure knowledge of team is current and relevant and to reduce any key man risk with any credit risk IP.
- Understanding of credit risk environments for business.
- Develop sound business relationships across the business.
Who are we looking for:
- Proven Leadership capability
- Minimum 8 years direct work experience in credit risk management and assessment
- Proven track record of success in credit risk modeling and analytics
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Expert in developing credit risk infrastructures and implementation activities
- Expert credit risk analytical skills undertaken in-country, regional level. Latin America is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of credit and financial risk
- In depth knowledge of modeling and statistical analytics in a lending environment
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and/or on a team and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Able to be innovative and creative in problem solving
To learn more, visit us at careers.bcgdv.com/learn-more
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website atBCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Back to top