Chief Executive Officer - elovee
We are excited to launch elovee, a healthcare startup focused on developing technology to improve day-to-day care for seniors with dementia. We are backed by Koru, an incubation platform designed to drive breakout growth by building a portfolio of new digital ventures across the private equity, infrastructure, and natural resources spaces. Koru was created by the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (“Ontario Teachers’”) andBCG Digital Ventures’ (“BCGDV”); Ontario Teachers’ is one of the world’s leading private equity and infrastructure investors with $190+ billion in net assets as at December 31, 2018.
elovee was founded based on the idea that we can improve the experience of aging through technology. With an initial focus on seniors with dementia, a population of 50 million globally and set to triple by 2050, we seek to increase the quality of life for our users by providing comforting interactions with a loved one's likeness. We combine data science, design and neuropsychology expertise to deliver comforting, empathetic voice and visual interactions with loved ones, available 24/7. Our aim is to be the world’s leading dementia care platform, comforting seniors, empowering caregivers, and bolstering loved ones relationships.
We are looking for an extraordinary CEO who is passionate about building businesses and teams to lead and own the end-to-end success of this disruptive startup.
As the CEO, you will:
- Set the vision for the company and define the overall strategy from launch to scale; including long-term goals. Drive growth, profitability, and impact
- Refine and deploy the business model ahead of the market
- Provide mentorship to all functional areas, including strategy, operations, sales & product
- Develop and implement scalable and efficient strategies to ensure both consistent results and exponential growth
Build Great Talent & Teams
- Attract, retain, & develop elite talent
- Nurture a high-performing, agile, one-team culture
- Empower the team towards autonomous delivery, while exercising appropriate balance of control
Execute with Excellence
- Lead day-to-day operations
- Align resources to achieve key business priorities
- Actively mitigate business, operational & governance risks
Win in the Marketplace
- Lead later round fundraising to support mid and long term growth
- Facilitate senior R&D relationships for early commercial activities
- Engage major pipeline customers in assisted living to drive early sales
- Handle competition and threats, with constant evaluation of financial structure, capital strategy & strategic priorities
- Own P&L and cash flow. Manage burn rate while growing the business ahead of market disruption
- Regularly update the Board of Directors and corporate partners regarding progress on strategic priorities, and collaborate with Board of Directors to accelerate progress
- Invest in strategic partnerships & relationships to drive growth
Encourage Meaning & Purpose
- Serve as chief external spokesperson and public champion for the business
- Establish credibility throughout the customer and partner network by authentic engagement to galvanize company to craft & drive solutions to core business challenges
Desired Expertise & Experience
- P&L responsibilities at CEO level or head of significant BU
- Start-up leadership experience (5+ years; within last 7 years; prefer fast-growing company with funding and 50+ employees)
- Consistent track record of building successful products and high caliber teams from the ground up, ideally in current roles
- Experience leading Board of Directors and corporate partners to keep regular updates on business performance and progress
- Founder experience in healthcare and/or tech-forward startups is a plus
- Ability to guide a company through different phases of growth
- Experience with AI-powered platforms is a plus
- Experience in the senior living space a plus
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, product experts and investors. We invent, build and launch startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for the most important global companies enabling them to own the next horizon of innovation.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at BCGDV.com. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG DIGITAL VENTURES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, AGE, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, DISABILITY, PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED UNDER FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW.
Back to top