Blockchain Engineering Director
- Oversee all aspects of the Engineering organization, including technical strategy, technology blueprint, hiring and retaining talent and best practices & technology stacks. Manage the end to end technology execution
- Define and manage the technology landscape and blueprint for entire solution stack. Work closely with lead engineer and architect to co-own the architecture and component strategy
- Actively engage in sprint planning, delivery and managing the releases.
- Provide hands-on technology leadership to the engineering team
- Ensure consistent best practices, processes, and procedures for software development, quality assurance, and maintenance
- Identify risks, opportunities of the project.
- Mentor, motivate, and lead Engineering and Infrastructure teams and managers as needed to support a vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Coordinate recruiting efforts across engineering units to ensure consistency and continued excellence
- Lead the organizations strategic planning process, coordinate with Product Development team to align engineering and business priorities
You Should Have:
- 15+ years of experience working on large software products with 5+ years leading engineering team at startups/spin offs
- Applied technology to build innovative products for a variety of different problem domains creating large real time systems built on open-standards
- Systems Engineering experience and has worked on diverse computing protocols, high performance systems, and distributed technologies
- Deep experience with cloud technology stacks, security systems, transaction processing, and high availability technologies.
- Component level understanding of security protocol stacks and crypto libraries and functions
- Experience with building services based technologies including use of micro services frameworks
- Worked on a diverse set of full stack and back end technologies including experience with low level system protocols
- Hands on skills in one or more object oriented programming language
- Worked with various databases, and distributed storage
- Motivated to explore new opportunities in leading edge technologies leveraging system technology experience
- Thrive on learning new technologies, don’t believe in one-size-fits-all solutions and adapt easily to meet the needs of massive growth and rapidly evolving business environment
- Highly detail oriented and well organized. Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Experience working with Blockchain frameworks and created business applications and platforms
- Deep understanding of Hyperledger, Ethereum or other Blockchain technology
- Experience working with diverse consensus methods
- Some working experience with contract scripting languages, storage technologies like IPFS, Application Binary Interfaces(ABI) and blockchain protocol tech stacks including programming languages like golang.
Meet Some of BCG Digital Ventures's Employees
Lead Strategic Designer
James focuses on the convergence between understanding consumer needs and making sure everything DV creates is innovative, feasible, and value-generating, both for clients and for the company.
Back to top