BACK-END ENGINEER (BlockChain experience preferred)
We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Welcome.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Build Team.
We have entered a decade of disruption of large corporate business models, driven by a step change in the power of technology and the audacity and speed of start-ups. To be fit for the future, visionary companies will deliberately re-imagine themselves by injecting or attacking established models with new ideas fuelled by technology.
Our Venture Build Team consists of world-class business leaders, product designers, engineers and technology experts. Together, we are helping corporations own the next horizon of innovation.
As a Back-End Engineer, you will use your skills to:
- Develop high quality and accessible systems using service oriented architecture
- Create REST based web services accessible by mobile/web platforms
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality and performant code base
- Share technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technology discussions
- Demonstrate and communicate a passion for designing product user interfaces that help drive rapid business growth
- Build Java-based back-end applications and REST API services, as well as develop object-oriented software in Java
- Develop service-based architecture and design persistence and caching models using both SQL and NoSQL
As a Back-End Engineer, you will need:
- Preferably one to four years of experience building Java-based back-end applications and REST API services, as well as developing object-oriented software in Java
- BlockChain programming experience preferred
- Capabilities related to developing a service-based architecture
- Previous work designing persistence and caching models using both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Agile software and test-driven development
- A deep understanding of software engineering best practices such as unit testing, code reviews and design documentation
- Workflow flexibility and strong teamwork skills
- A BS/MS degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject
- Experience producing bulletproof code in Java that is fault-tolerant, efficient and maintainable, as well as comfort working across the full technology stack (preferred)
To learn more, visit us at BCGDV.com.
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Back to top