Automotive Technician - Stealth Vehicle Service Platform startup
BCG Digital Ventures is an ever-growing global team of entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. We invent, build and invest in startups with the world’s most influential companies. The business ventures we create build strategic advantages for some of the most important global companies and help them own the next horizon of innovation.
ABOUT THE VENTURE:
We are getting ready to launch and scale an automotive service startup that could transform the consumer vehicle ownership experience. The vision is an end-to-end vehicle service platform that connects consumers with repair shops leveraging the industry’s most advance data platform. Financially backed and operationally supported by one of world’s most recognized automotive companies and BCGDV, this startup is well positioned to disrupt the $50B US auto repair industry and targets to touch over 100M cars in the US alone, infusing cutting edge technology into an industry primed for innovation.
We are looking for a mechanic, or service technician to join our company and support us in diagnosing car issues for customers. This is a full-time position with salary and great benefits.
You will be working with the team to help diagnose car issues with customers over the phone, online chat, or in-person. Your work is critical for the team's end-to-end process of the product, and to make refinements along the way.
You will help us answer:
- What are the best ways to diagnose cars remotely, with the help of the consumer?
- Do consumers find value in us diagnosing their issue?
- Do consumers want our help finding a quality repair shop and differentiation from existing services like Yelp?
- What are consumers willing to provide? (VIN, license plate #, mileage?)
- Walk consumers through a car diagnosis process through phone, webchat, or in-person
- Suggest repair recommendations based on diagnosis
- Price out repair recommendations
- Help create relevant automotive, customer centric content (videos, articles, chat, blog, etc) that we can share with customers online.
- 3+ years' experience diagnosing car problems, quoting repairs, and completing repairs
- Knowledge of parts identification and sourcing
- Working directly with customers to diagnose car problems
- Experience with broad number of vehicles types, domestic and international
- Knowledge in working and using repair shop software (AllData, Michelin1, etc)
- ASE certification preferred
- Speaking and writing in English is required, Spanish is a bonus
Back to top