Vice President, Product Marketing
- Austin, TX
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit www.bazaarvoice.com.
Bazaarvoice has built a vast network of major retailers and the brands that sell through them. We seek a Vice President, Product Marketing who will be responsible for defining and executing go-to-market strategies.
Attractive candidates will demonstrate strong analytical skills, creativity and innovation when solving problems and driving decision making across functions, as well as strong communication and presentation skills that inspire and influence others. The role will be based in Austin and report to the SVP, Marketing.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and own the product voice, pricing & positioning for the entire Bazaarvoice suite of products (Bazaarvoice, Influenster, Curalate). It will be your responsibility to define a clear, differentiated, and defensible position for Bazaarvoice overall as well as by solution.
- Develop a deep understanding of the market need, buyer personas and how to position to the different personas we need to target.
- Author the product launch plan, as well as the product playbook that will be used to coordinate external communications
- Work closely with Product Management to define market requirements for new products/features, including market opportunity, buyer personas, relative targeting, and competitive positioning
- Build relevant content for prospects and customers to consume in a variety of formats, including white papers, social media, web pages, webinars and more
- Develop a competitive comparison guide for use in positioning against like offerings from other organizations
- Build and maintain market expertise on trends, consumer, and buyer needs. Apply this expertise in partnership with Product Management on informing product vision/road-map, as well with the global Sales/Client Success organizations in promoting Bazaarvoice’s solutions.
- Develop Bazaarvoice product vision and thematic road-map in partnership with Product Management
- Develop and execute go-to-market strategies for new products, offers, and product features
- Develop and maintain overall Bazaarvoice positioning, messaging, packaging, pricing, and sales tools for solutions, developing vertical and geography-specific strategies and content
- Inform demand generation plan for solutions in partnership with Marketing teams.
- Directly support Sales and Client Success on a 1:1 basis on key industry/client events and accounts (prospects and clients)
- Develop and manage annual and quarterly customer acquisition and retention plans at a product level, in direct partnership with Product Management and Revenue leadership, maintain quantitative and qualitative performance measures on solutions
- Build, manage, and develop a team of 7 Product Marketing Managers, 1 program manager and 1 pricing analyst
Necessary Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in Product Marketing in a B2B environment (SaaS preferred), with 5+ years in a management role
- Demonstrated success in analyzing market opportunities, defining market requirements, and managing go-to-market for software and service products in a B2B environment
- Experience creating customer-facing product marketing materials and product-content to support the go-to-market strategy
- Strong written and verbal communications skills matched to an excellent interpersonal and executive presence
- Ability to make data-driven decisions based on market research and product-level analysis of sales funnel
- Extremely organized with excellent project management, time management, decision-making, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and comfortable working with cross-functional teams to drive complicated deliverables to completion
- Be inquisitive with a strong desire to learn and stay current on industry news, trends, and issues
- Fire in the belly – we hire people who bring passion to their work and their team
- A passion for inspiring and developing talent
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, English, Journalism, or related field required; MBA preferred
Why join Bazaarvoice?
- We’re committed to client success: There are over 6,200 brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
- We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Thousands upon thousands or reviews are added to the Bazaarvoice network everyday.
- Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
- We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top