Senior Technical DevOps Lead
- Bengaluru, India
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Bazaarvoice engineering teams build software a billion users use to make smart buying decisions. Interested in finding ways to make engineer’s jobs easier? You should apply for this role.
You’ll be part of a highly skilled globally distributed team that delivers a suite of cloud infrastructure and services upon which our product development teams can build, launch and operate their systems. We are a mixture of Developers with an affinity for operations and Ops Engineers who can program. You will engage and collaborate with product development engineers (our customers), to understand their needs and problems, then create, leverage, and support solutions that increase engineer joy and are a force multiplier for enabling the potential of our teams.
Our mission is to enable engineers. To make their jobs easier, so they can deliver faster. If this sounds like something that would interest you, apply for the role.
Objectives of this Role
- Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications
- Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer - needs, and innovating to continually improve
- Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Stack: Linux, Java, AWS
- Languages: Python, Java, Ruby DSL, Bash
- Databases : MySQL, Cassandra , Elastic Search
- Deployment: AWS CloudFormation
Technologies we use:
- 8 or more years administrating production Linux systems in a 24x7 environment
- 3 or more years’ experience in a DevOps/ SRE role as an engineer or technical lead
- At least 1 year of team leadership experience
- Significant knowledge of Amazon Web Services (CLI/APIs, EC2, EBS, S3, VPCs, IAM, AWS Lambda)
- Experience deploying services into containerized orchestration environments such as Kubernetes
- Experience with infrastructure automation tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with at least one of Python, Bash, Ruby, or equivalent
- Experience creating and managing CI/CD pipeline like Jenkins or Spinnaker
- Familiar with version control using Git
- Solid understanding of common security principles
Nice to Have:
- Preference for hands on experience with Serverless Architecture, Kubernetes and Docker
- Strong experience with open-source configuration management tools
- Managing distributed systems spanning multiple AWS regions / data-centers
- Experience with bootstrapping solutions
- Open source contributor
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top