At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Who We Want:
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) at Bazaarvoice is a developer with the primary responsibility of writing test frameworks and tools to test our products. It is a unique and challenging role that provides the right candidate an opportunity to combine the “building” skills of software design engineering with the “breaking” skills of the software test engineering discipline. You will be primarily focused on writing automation code that verifies the quality of our products and interdependent services at a scale only matched by a small number of companies today. We want someone with the technical skills to debug code, automate tasks, and implement new tools and frameworks across a highly complex ecosystem. We also want an SDET with the soft skills needed to interact with all members of our organization both technical and non-technical as an advocate for quality and change.
If you’re passionate about software quality, a highly technical problem solver, enjoy thinking outside the box, and thrive in a collaborative environment we would love to talk more about how you can help drive quality at Bazaarvoice.
- Ability to read and write code clean code in a software development language
- Build and extend scalable automated test frameworks and test suites across multiple dependent technologies & services
- Participate in design and code reviews
- API level testing experience
- Perform manual testing to prepare for and validate scenarios needed for automation coverage
- Develop and maintain test cases and plans in a Unix environment
- Partner with developers to investigate, evaluate and resolve bugs
- Experience writing code. Java coding preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working across multiple QA methodologies and processes
- Experience working closely with dev and business teams to communicate impacts and understand risk
- Experience in designing and coding automated tests using Java
- Experience in developing automated tests for RESTful API
- Familiarity with git, GitHub, and Unix-based command-line
- Experience in Python or other scripting language
- Experience in creating or maintaining automation in a Continuous Integration environment
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases in an end-to-end and full-stack testing environment
- Experience in working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Previous experience with Jira or any other issues tracking software (e.g. Bugzilla, Gnats, etc.)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Exp- 6-8 yrs
- Experience with performance testing and mobile web testing a plus
- Experience in Selenium Web Driver
- Familiarity with MongoDB
- Experience with AWS
- Familiarity with browser developer tools and proxy software, such as Charles Proxy
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.