Senior NLP Engineer
- Austin, TX
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit www.bazaarvoice.com.
Bazaarvoice’s mission is to make shopping radically transparent. We achieve this by providing ecommerce clients with hundreds of millions of pieces of user generated content in the form of user ratings, reviews, images, and videos. Our teams leverage these user generated data to help our clients build better products, build stronger relationships with their customers, and make data-driven decisions on when and where to offer products.
We are looking for a talented Senior Machine Learning Engineer to design, build, and maintain scalable machine learning data pipelines that power our diverse set of products.. The position will focus on pipelines for training and deploying state-of-the-art natural language processing models. The position also will involve aggregating data sets to build out new pilot initiatives and product offerings.
- 3+ years experience with Python and/or Java
- Highly skilled with Python’s data science ecosystem -- Pandas, NumPy
- Comfortable with at least one major ML framework -- TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, scikit-learn, Spark
- Experience with a JVM language (Java, Scala, or Kotlin)
- Experience with NLP tools such as Spacy, Gensim, or nltk
- Comfortable with container-based technologies (Docker and/or Kubernetes, etc)
- Proficient with AWS, particularly S3, Lambda, and CloudWatch
- Sufficient theoretical understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms -- logistic regression, Random Forest, SVM, LSTM, CNN, etc.
- Ability and willingness to work as part of a distributed team
- Ability and willingness to direct themselves and work independently to solve larger goals
- Strong analytical, technical, and communication skills
- Ability to connect-the-dots between a business need and the AI technology that can address it
- Data science experience is a plus
Why join Bazaarvoice?
- We’re committed to client success: There are over 6,200 brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
- We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Thousands upon thousands or reviews are added to the Bazaarvoice network everyday.
- Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
- We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
BV’s Impact on the Market:
We are shaping the way people shop, putting the shopper experience at the heart of everything we do. We partner with the worlds largest brands and our network’s impact is comparable to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google. If you shop or research online, it’s very likely that you’ve already interacted with Bazaarvoice. With market leading technology, shopper data that spans over a million shoppers and a billion shopper interactions a month, our future is limitless.
What this means in R&D:
Working on something real that people use on a daily basis in an environment that celebrates engineering, has been and continues to be a key factor in the success of Bazaarvoice. There are very few opportunities in the market that allow you be part of a company that delivers products that are used by millions of people everyday.
Professional Learning, Growth and Impact:
You can grow your career, your skills and professional experiences by working across a breadth of business initiatives, different global regions and innovative solutions. You have the opportunity to see tangible results from your direct contributions and build your own brand at Bazaarvoice. With new products and markets on the horizon, there has never been a more exciting time to be at Bazaarvoice.
What this means in R&D:
It is clear that managers want what’s best for both the company and people. Here in Bazaarvoice there is a wealth of knowledge among the teams that is shared in a collaborative, productive way. Getting to work at our scale with the level of autonomy given, is rare. You are encouraged regularly to be the best version of your professional self at work. You are in charge of your own learning, but given the space and time to own it completely. We don’t just say it- we mean it!
You will work with and help recruit bright, experienced, passionate and humble colleagues that bring diverse perspectives on a daily basis. We are open minded, respectful and transparent.
What this means in R&D:
There are no ego’s here in R&D. You are surrounded by smart people who build world class software but who never forget to have fun whilst they do it. Working in an environment where you work together to share knowledge and skills is vital in helping you within your career as an engineer. Both colleagues and managers don’t just give support, but focus on listening.
You will be part of a vibrant culture where we celebrate, we collaborate and we come together generously to elevate one another & our community. We promote open dialogue at all levels and are generous with our time and ideas.
What this means in R&D:
In R&D, we don’t look for a culture ‘fit’ but for a culture add! The atmosphere, not only among teammates, but across the wider engineering department (and beyond!) makes coming to work a pleasure. Working as part of engineering, you are guaranteed to work with bright, smart people who will always have something else to bring to the table.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top