At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Who we want:
We are seeking a Senior Developer who will be is focused on front-end development across many of our products. This team where you are going to work is responsible for building the next generation of consumer-facing displays that serve billions of page views a month on sites that you've most certainly heard of. This role requires someone that can contribute to, a scalable front-end solution that serves thousands of visitors a second; someone that can influence the team to deliver comprehensive solutions; and someone that is eager to work alongside other smart, capable people to build new capabilities across our entire platform.
What we need:
What You'll Be Doing:
- Scale new display applications for collecting and displaying various forms of consumer generated content
- Build client-facing tooling to configure consumer applications and interact with Bazaarvoice services
- Understand and improve application performance and monitoring of performance
- Effectively build, cache, and serve our client-customized applications for thousands of clients to serve millions of consumers
Who You Are:
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals especially data structures and algorithms
- You can explain how bundlers and module loaders work, and why you’d use them in the first place
- You understand accessibility standards and develop with those in mind
- You’re aware of, and are excited about, new ESnext features
- You know how to build functional, readable and maintainable code.
- You understand how to break large, abstract problems down into smaller, workable tasks
- You are committed to excellence. That means building collaborative relationships up, down, and across the organization; staying positive when tackling tough challenges that often require cross-team contribution; taking pride in not just shipping massive-scale applications, but shipping the best massive-scale applications
- You’ve deployed applications and assets to AWS or similar cloud platform
- When you think of building web applications, you think past the console to the CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment) pipeline
- You like speaking in public about what you’re working on
- You have a BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.