Senior Business Technology Analyst
- Austin, TX
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We are looking for a Business Technology Analyst who will partner with stakeholders across Bazaarvoice to support and streamline operations while facilitating business growth. This dynamic position blends both strategic project and operational related activities. As an analyst, you play a key role in defining business requirements and providing detailed documentation and testing. You are a customer-oriented problem solver with advanced analytical skills; your communication and documentation skills are outstanding. You are naturally curious and can build consensus, provide valuable feedback to business owners and bring change. You demonstrate a positive “can do" approach to problem solving and can stay calm under pressure.
What You'll Do:
- Gather and document business requirements and use cases needed for testing – participate in and execute testing for releases
- Facilitate discussions among business owners to determine the best solution to roadmap future enhancements through working sessions, new process mapping, and process redefinitions
- Provide strong analytical and problem-solving skills to effectively collect requirements, identify alternatives, and design and deploy quality solutions
- Support end-to-end feature and/or system enhancements, including discovery/requirements gathering, solution design, build/configuration, QA/UAT and training.
- Work with development team to ensure the design and development of technology solutions fulfills all business requirements, achieves desired customer experience objectives and goals.
- Subject Matter Expert - become an expert in cross functional process related to Bazaarvoice business systems. Drive system and process changes resulting in improvements in system usage, internal efficiency, and data accuracy
- Develop metrics to establish or measure improvement success
- Lead, communicate, and train users on system or process changes – training documentation will be required
- Definition and maintenance of data standards. Educating user community on data standards. Keeping abreast of business changes and adapting standards to meet new needs as they arise
- 4 – 6 years of business experience with a management consulting focus and working through complex project initiatives from marketing through fulfillment and services including IT system implementations and SKU deployments
- Demonstrated experience working with a best in class Saas business application stack – Marketo, Salesforce, CPQ, Netsuite, Open Air– must be able to pull reports, create dashboards, complete imports, exports and data transformation as required; admin and data migration experience is a plus
- Proven success developing and documenting requirements and seeing these IT requirements through deployment and testing
- Advanced to expert skills in Microsoft Visio, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience creating dashboards, reports, graphs, charts as well as developing work instructions
- Proven expertise in process definition and improvement methodologies; Lean/Six Sigma experience and certification preferred
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse team at a high pace; Must have exceptional problem-solving skills and communication skills
- Service oriented team player with a “can do” attitude and approach to supporting our partners
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top