At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
The QA Software Engineer will focus on testing all aspects of our applications. Proactively debugging complex software components. Under general direction, debugs complex software components through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply and maintain quality standards for company products.
· Within a development team, become the quality advocate who the developers and product owners will look to, from product/feature inception to release and support.
· Develop effective test cases, and code test automation, to ensure that the system functionality meets the requirements.
· Conduct functional, non-functional and exploratory testing.
· Analyse and negotiate requirements and stories.
· Design new and maintain existing automation frameworks, which enhance CI/CD pipelines.
· Measure and report the progress of testing efforts.
· Find, document, and bring to closure issues that are found.
· Find more efficient ways to improve testing time and coverage through processes and/or tools.
· Experience of automation, API testing, backend data infrastructure testing, or UI testing experience with increasing responsibilities.
· Experience creating, extending, or refactoring test automation frameworks.
· Experience with Jira or any other issues tracking software.
· Good interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Experience with either Scrum or Kanban.
· Knowledge of Unix-based systems and environments.
· Knowledge of AWS environments.
· Experience with XML, JSON, and other mark-up languages.
· Experience with SQL and/or other RDB technologies.
· Experience with Cassandra or other no-SQL technologies.
· Experience with performance testing.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.