Manager, EMEA Sales Development
- London, United Kingdom
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
As the Manager of Sales Development in EMEA you will be:
- Instrumental in driving and being hands-on with our sales development initiatives.
- Be hiring, building and coaching a team of Sales Development Representatives across London, Paris and Munich partnering closely with our wider sales team.
- Collaborate and closely align with Marketing to ensure full campaign data and system support of marketing activities, including pre and post campaign involvement and ensuring the delivery of quality qualified leads to the sales teams.
- Instilling a mentality of sophistication within all aspects of sales development.
- Devise and execute key lead generation strategies to drive pipeline within EMEA.
- Partnering with marketing on campaign activity to ensure all activity is tracked.
- Lead the execution of campaigns and initiatives within the sales development organisation.
- Train, manage, and hire top performers and grow them to become true top performers.
- Understand and maintain current competitive information throughout the team.
- Knowledge of implementing commission plans, reviewing commission structures and targets on a periodic basis.
- Provide visibility to sales and marketing leadership on performance, campaigns, results and pipeline development.
- Motivate your teams to overachieve and hit goals early.
- Ensure high employee retention through strong leadership, coaching and adherence to cultural values and openly addressing team feedback.
- Develop reporting and tracking of team performance to ensure team accountability and quality of deliverables.
- Develop quarterly team objectives, special projects and strategic initiatives as well as conducting quarterly performance reviews.
- Organise and lead team building activities to promote a fun team atmosphere and maintain high team morale.
- Collaborate with US counterparts to leverage and share best practises.
Is this opportunity a good fit for you? The key things we are going to be looking for in your background and assessing you on are:
- Proven team leadership experience within an SDR, inside sales or market development function.
- Expertise in sophisticated business development.
- Able to build relationships with internal (sales, marketing, services etc.) and external (clients, agencies etc.) stakeholders.
- An in-depth understanding of lead management process from awareness to close; a strong command of sales operations and processes.
- Can work as part of a wider selling and business team in the region with a focus on being a great partner.
- Excellent knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Full authorisation to work in UK without any restrictions.
Nice to have:
- Marketo experience.
- Use of, implementation and understanding of sales methodologies.
- Experience with selling ecommerce-focused solutions.
- Fluent French or German language skills.
This is an extremely important leader inside of a very fast-paced and talented sales team. The role requires that you’re an individual who is a master of business development but also that you’re a fantastic leader, coach and driver of engagement within your team. EMEA presents its own unique challenges - we need someone with a strong point of view AND relevant experience, if you have all of these well in hand, please apply!
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top