At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Who we want?:
Each month, Bazaarvoice sees more than 800 million people read reviews, questions and answers about millions of products through the Bazaarvoice network. This is an incredible opportunity for any product owner to be a part of a team that makes a meaningful difference in the quality and scope of information available to consumers making purchase decisions and the brands and retailers serving them.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Defining a Strategy and roadmap for your assigned areas.
- · Knowing the pulse of the market and field including sales, implementation tams and your customers.
- · Discover and validate problems in the market that BV can uniquely solve through research and experimentation
- · Lead Product Discovery and Early Adopter Programs to ensure product success
- · Partner with Marketing and Sales to perform competitive analysis, develop product positioning and messaging, and pricing to meet revenue and profitability goals
- · Executing on the roadmap, owning the build-out, got-to-market and enhancements
- · Reinforcing that vision and strategy with the Development team as needed to understand the importance of their work.
- · Communicating across teams to ensure consistent backlog alignment on prioritized business goals.
- · Interpreting high level business and product requirements and creating feature requirements, user stories and relevant product backlog items.
- · Conducting analysis work to understand and fine-tune user and system requirements
- · Prioritising the work/backlog to satisfy delivery milestones and deliver client value.
- · Ensuring that all engineering teams within your purview have everything they need to size, accept and execute on work.
- · Assisting in preparing engineering demos.
- · Actively participating in engineering planning and demo meetings.
- · Collaborating with engineering leaders to organise review meetings.
- · Serving as a liaison with management, engineering, and stakeholders to provide regular updates on product development and operations.
- · Collaborate with the product manager on building the product vision and roadmap.
- · Serve as an advocate for your technology in discussions with clients.
- · Work with the technical service teams and product knowledge team to build internal training and documentation.
- · Collaboratively define the ‘Definition of Done’ and ‘Ready’ criteria.
- Essential Criteria:
- · 8+ years’ experience in product management of tech products
- · Prior experience working in ecommerce or social media a plus
- · Strong business acumen and an understanding of how your deliverables impact business outcomes for BV and for our clients
- · Strong sense of ownership and accountability
- · Comfortable organising and meeting with clients to gather and document requirements
- · Proven ability to work with engineering to ship products
- · Exhibit technical depth with good data analysis experience (ideally with consumer web products)
- · Knowledge of Lean Product Management and Agile/Scrum Development methodologies
- · Entrepreneurial spirit for building new capabilities/businesses within an existing organization
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills to articulate insights as well as presentation skills for meeting facilitation
- · Great problem solving skills, Data driven decision making and Strong attention to detail
- · Demonstrated ability to lead by influence, and work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- · Drive to action and ability to manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously
- · Comfortable prioritising work and meeting deadlines
- Desired Criteria:
- Ability to build a prioritisation framework
- Entrepreneurial spirit for building new capabilities/businesses within an existing organisation
- · Experience launching new software products to market
- Solid technical depth
- Excellent problem solving
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.