Account Executive, Mid-Market
- Austin, TX
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. For more information, visit www.bazaarvoice.com.
Bazaarvoice is looking for an extraordinarily talented individual to join our world-class SMB sales team. We want the type of person that craves a challenge and is unafraid to constantly push yourself outside your zone of comfort. You will be managing a broad territory and should be able to carry the entire sales process from start to finish on your own merits and skills. This doesn’t mean we won’t be helping you sell – we absolutely will. But we believe strongly in a sales person that has the ability to play all of the important sales roles.
Who We Want
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong record of achievement in a new business sales position within SaaS &/or/other online based technologies. Having a background selling into multiple Executive/C-Level stakeholders is a must.
- Experience selling a complex, multi-solution offering.
- Ability to navigate complex and ambiguous circumstances both internally and externally
- Ruthlessly organized & detail oriented, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines and objectives
- Proven tenacity and success with prospecting your own accounts and setting your own meetings.
- Comfort in developing a technical understanding of how our products work, to enable stronger sales cycles.
- Someone who is a “student of the craft” of sales and is constantly pushing themselves to learn and grow as a salesperson. Reading modern solution sales books and blogs is a plus.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role
- 3+ years SaaS selling experience or equivalent.
- Experience selling $50k+ average deal size.
- Experience selling a multi-product solution end-to-end (prospecting all the way to close).
- Experience managing $1M+ in annual quota.
- Proven experience in self-prospecting.
- Achievement of president’s club or similar is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Brings a strong understanding of business practices, industry trends, and competitors to each sales cycle.
- Demonstrates passion and energy both externally with the customer and internally with cross functional teams.
- Effectively creates and articulates return on investment in the negotiation process to bring the upmost value to both the consumer and Bazaarvoice.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
- We’re committed to client success: There are over 6,200 brand and retail websites in the Bazaarvoice network. Our clients represent some of the world’s leading companies across a wide range of industries including retail, apparel, automotive, consumer electronics and travel.
- We’re leaders in consumer-generated content: Each month, more than one billion consumers view and share authentic consumer-generated content, such as ratings and reviews, curated photos, social posts and videos, about products in our network. Thousands upon thousands or reviews are added to the Bazaarvoice network everyday.
- Our network delivers: Network analytics provide insights that help marketers and advertisers provide more engaging experiences that drive brand awareness, consideration, sales, and loyalty.
- We’re a great place to work: We pride ourselves on our unique culture. Join a company that values passion, innovation, authenticity, generosity, respect, teamwork, and performance.
Our Employee Value Proposition:
BV’s Impact on the Market:
We are shaping the way people shop, putting the shopper experience at the heart of everything we do. We partner with the worlds largest brands and our network’s impact is comparable to Facebook, LinkedIn and Google. If you shop or research online, it’s very likely that you’ve already interacted with Bazaarvoice. With market leading technology, shopper data that spans over a million shoppers and a billion shopper interactions a month, our future is limitless.
What this means in Sales:
In any company, the sales team is in the unique position of being the face of the company. Depending on what you sell, this can be a blessing or a curse. We are blessed here at BV to be the leaders in our industry, selling a product that is pivotal to the success of every one of our customers. Whether we are working with a fortune 500 company or a smaller local business, we can feel confident that our product is going to increase their sales, provide them with a better understanding of their customers and improve the overall shopping experience for anyone on their website.
Professional Learning, Growth and Impact:
You can grow your career, your skills and professional experiences by working across a breadth of business initiatives, different global regions and innovative solutions. You have the opportunity to see tangible results from your direct contributions and build your own brand at Bazaarvoice. With new products and markets on the horizon, there has never been a more exciting time to be at Bazaarvoice.
What this means in Sales:
Whether you are just beginning your career in Sales, looking to switch industries or want to represent a product that is truly beneficial to your customers, Bazaarvoice is great place to sell. To quote one of our leaders: “BV is a great place to get your ‘PHD’ in Sales”. We provide thorough, comprehensive training to anyone starting at BV and want our employees to feel prepared to succeed. From the moment you begin your role here, we want you to have visibility into what your next step is and how to get there. The majority of our hiring is done through internal promotions and we couldn’t be more proud of that.
You will work with and help recruit bright, experienced, passionate and humble colleagues that bring diverse perspectives on a daily basis. We are open minded, respectful and transparent.
What this means in Sales;
The majority of our sales leaders have held multiple roles at BV and have seen success as both individual contributors and leaders. Coaching is something we focus on here constantly. We believe it is the key to both personal and professional growth. Collaboration is key to our culture, giving every member of our team and opportunity to both teach and learn. Our team is encouraged to think outside the box, try new things and work with their colleagues to develop their skill.. If you want to work with fun people who bring knowledge and creativity to their craft, BV is the right place for you.
You will be part of a vibrant culture where we celebrate, we collaborate and we come together generously to elevate one another & our community. We promote open dialogue at all levels and are generous with our time and ideas.
What this means in Sales:
Our people are what make our culture so special. Vince Lombardi once said: “Individual commitment to a group effort- that is what makes a team work”. We truly believe that collaboration is what carries our team forward. Whether it is hiring talented people, closing a deal or refining a process, we have found that working together is always the most effective approach. Yes, we have fun in the office, yes we have a game room, but it’s the people having the fun and rolling the dice that make this place special.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top