Account Executive, Mid-Market
- Austin, TX
At Bazaarvoice, we create smart shopping experiences. Through our expansive global network, product-passionate community & enterprise technology, we connect thousands of brands and retailers with billions of consumers. Our solutions enable brands to connect with consumers and collect valuable user-generated content, at an unprecedented scale. This content achieves global reach by leveraging our extensive and ever-expanding retail, social & search syndication network. And we make it easy for brands & retailers to gain valuable business insights from real-time consumer feedback with intuitive tools and dashboards. The result is smarter shopping: loyal customers, increased sales, and improved products.
The problem we are trying to solve : Brands and retailers struggle to make real connections with consumers. It's a challenge to deliver trustworthy and inspiring content in the moments that matter most during the discovery and purchase cycle. The result? Time and money spent on content that doesn't attract new consumers, convert them, or earn their long-term loyalty.
Our brand promise : closing the gap between brands and consumers.
Founded in 2005, Bazaarvoice is headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Bazaarvoice is looking for an extraordinarily talented individual to join our world-class Mid-Market sales team. We want the type of person that craves a challenge and is unafraid to constantly push yourself outside your zone of comfort. You will be managing a broad territory and should be able to carry the entire sales process from start to finish on your own merits and skills. This doesn’t mean we won’t be helping you sell – we absolutely will. But we believe strongly in a sales person that has the ability to play all of the important sales roles.
Who We Want
- The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong record of achievement in a new business sales position within SaaS &/or/other online based technologies. Having a background selling into multiple Executive/C-Level stakeholders is a must.
- Experience selling a complex, multi-solution offering.
- Ability to navigate complex and ambiguous circumstances both internally and externally
- Ruthlessly organized & detail oriented, with the ability to juggle multiple competing priorities and consistently meet deadlines and objectives
- Proven tenacity and success with prospecting your own accounts and setting your own meetings.
- Comfort in developing a technical understanding of how our products work, to enable stronger sales cycles.
- Someone who is a “student of the craft” of sales and is constantly pushing themselves to learn and grow as a salesperson. Reading modern solution sales books and blogs is a plus.
Skills and Experience Necessary for the Role
- 3+ years SaaS selling experience or equivalent.
- Experience selling $50k+ average deal size.
- Experience selling a multi-product solution end-to-end (prospecting all the way to close).
- Experience managing $1M+ in annual quota.
- Proven experience in self-prospecting.
- Achievement of president’s club or similar is a bonus but not a requirement.
- Brings a strong understanding of business practices, industry trends, and competitors to each sales cycle.
- Demonstrates passion and energy both externally with the customer and internally with cross functional teams.
- Effectively creates and articulates return on investment in the negotiation process to bring the upmost value to both the consumer and Bazaarvoice.
Why join Bazaarvoice?
Customer is key
We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes.
We approach every situation with a customer first mindset.
Transparency & Integrity Builds Trust
We believe in the power of authentic feedback because it’s in our DNA.
We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
Passionate Pursuit of Performance
Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive & curiosity.
We love what we do, and because we’re laser focused on our mission.
Innovation over Imitation
We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo.
We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives.
We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams.
As a stronger company we build a stronger community.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Bazaarvoice provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all team members and applicants according to their experience, talent, and qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex (including pregnancy, gender stereotyping, and marital status), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military/veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law in every location in which the company has facilities. Bazaarvoice believes that diversity and an inclusive company culture are key drivers of creativity, innovation and performance. Furthermore, a diverse workforce and the maintenance of an atmosphere that welcomes versatile perspectives will enhance our ability to fulfill our vision of creating the world’s smartest network of consumers, brands, and retailers.
Back to top