Technical Writer, Co-op
We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis Medical is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. Our social culture fosters a collaborative environment where industry experts are dedicated to supporting your professional development. The new addition of a state-of-the-art Innovation Centre to our Mississauga facilities allows for a fast-paced, challenging and hands-on atmosphere that promotes a passion for ongoing innovation.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to improve the lives of others?
In our Technical Writing Department, our employees focus on the creation and revision of complex technical writing reports and documentation. Our Technical Writers participate in the full scope of technical writing activities including editing and creating SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures), templates, and labeling as well as collating with key stakeholders within the company to drive the full scope of technical writing deliverables. We have a 4 or 8 month term available.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- You will conduct all documentation activities in compliance with Baylis Medical Company quality practices and procedures
- You will collaborate with SMEs to gather technical information as required and/or independently research available engineering information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications
- You will edit technical content in support of product and/or process development projects including document updates, incorporating reviewer inputs, re-writing of existing material and updating of new documentation. Document activities may include but are not limited to the fields of design, process, production, maintenance and regulatory affairs
- You will develop an understanding of company product lines and document structure
- You will work cross-functionally with all business units/SMEs for technical review
- You will route documents through internal Quality Management System (eQMS) and track approval process
What you bring to the team:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary degree in technical writing or regulatory and scientific affairs; Do not apply if you are not currently enrolled in college
- Demonstrated competence as a Technical Writer through previous Co-ops and course projects is preferred
- Previous experience working with eQMS is a great asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently and in a group environment
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Ability to reliably meet deadlines and project objectives
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for contract extensions and full-time positions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible start times
- Complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility with yoga and boot camp classes offered
- Development opportunities through lunch & learns and on-site training
- Clubs such as Potluck Club, Rock Climbing Club, Yarncraft Club, and Toastmasters
- Social events such as Summer Picnic, Nerf Tournament, Charity Bike Ride, and Pumpkin Carving Contest
We encourage you to apply directly with your CV and transcript.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top