Supply Chain Associate, Co-op
We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis Medical is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. Our social culture fosters a collaborative environment where industry experts are dedicated to supporting your professional development. The new addition of a state-of-the-art Innovation Centre to our Mississauga facilities allows for a fast-paced, challenging and hands-on atmosphere that promotes a passion for ongoing innovation.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to improve the lives of others?
In our Supply Chain Management Department, our employees support the evolving needs of the business by working on projects geared towards adapting and improving supply chain and business processes. Our Supply Chain employees directly ensure that materials, production planning, and purchasing are supporting the needs of product development, production, and sales. We have a 4, 8, or 12 month term available.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- You will collect, organize and synthesize data to support supply chain and purchasing activities
- You will support supply chain improvement projects and adoption of best practices
- You will perform maintenance in Epicor ERP including BOMs, MOMs, lot sizes, and safety stock levels
- You will draft document updates with guidance from others and route documents for review and approval
- You will be responsible for obtaining quotations, entering assigned purchase orders for approval, sending approved purchase orders to suppliers and following up on the delivery status of open purchase orders
- You will be responsible for monitoring safety practices and ensuring safe working conditions while collaborating with cross functional teams to meet product timelines
What you bring to the team
- Actively working towards a Degree in Engineering or Business; Do not apply if you are not currently enrolled in University
- Strong interest in biomedical technology
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse group of Engineers and Clinicians
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Strong Excel skills is preferred
- Experience with ERP systems such as Epicor is nice to have
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for contract extensions and full-time positions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible start times
- Complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility with yoga and boot camp classes offered
- Development opportunities through lunch & learns and on-site training
- Clubs such as Potluck Club, Rock Climbing Club, Yarncraft Club, and Toastmasters
- Social events such as Summer Picnic, Nerf Tournament, Charity Bike Ride, and Pumpkin Carving Contest
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top