Staff Process Engineer
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking a Staff Process Engineer to assist with the development of processes and products. Our engineers work to continuously improve the quality, yield and reduce the cost of manufacturing processes. The Staff Process Engineer supports the transfer of new process or product changes into production and supply chain through designing, prototyping, testing and validating new equipment and processes.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Design/develop new and continuously improve existing manufacturing processes operations using lean principles that meet sales demands, reduce cost, improve yields, meet health and safety guidelines.
- Design, develop and test new equipment and tools to improve manufacturing capabilities
- Complete process risk assessment activities (including PFMEA's) in order to identify critical process parameters and develop appropriate control plans to mitigate risks
- Develop Validation Master Plans for manufacturing processes and write and execute validation protocols in accordance with established regulations, policies, and procedures
- Working within a QMS system and adhering to all quality and regulatory requirements
What you bring to the team
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering with 2-5 years related work experience
- Preferable experience in Process Design, Medical Device Industry (ISO 13484)
- Lean manufacturing techniques and ISO quality management systems
- Design experience with a 3D modeling software, preferably Solidworks
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Robert G.Process Engineer
Robert works with a team of engineers to ensure that the production of Baylis devices runs smoothly, meeting and exceeding quality and safety standards while successfully anticipating customer demand.
Back to top