Sr. Research & Development Engineer
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Role Summary for Sr. Research & Development Engineer
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking Sr. Research & Development Engineer to assist with the development of products. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the medical device development including: ideation, design, prototyping, and manufacturing transfer. These individuals also have an opportunity to work with the appropriate government bodies to obtain regulatory approval, and to issue patents in conjunction with the IP department.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of cutting-edge medical devices through prototyping, testing and modeling.
- Develop validation plans and conduct validation testing
- Develop and test new manufacturing processes
- Support production activities
- Support regulatory filings to various government bodies
- Support the development of intellectual property
- Support pre-clinical and clinical research activities
- Assist in DFM (Design for Manufacturing) activities
What you bring to the team
- Background in Biomedical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree required. Master's degree strongly preferred
- 4+ years experience in a similar role. Team and project management experience strongly preferred
- P.Eng designation or in progress
- Prior work experience in medical device industry required
- Candidates should be self-starters and have a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse group of engineers and production staff
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Possess a strong interest in biomedical technology
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top