Sr. Patent Agent, Intellectual Property
Baylis Medical Company is a growing medical device company engaged in the development and marketing of innovative products. Baylis thrives on hiring top talent! You will be working with a team of dedicated experts and leaders in the Medical Device industry focused on supporting your continued growth.
We require a Senior Patent Agent to join our IP Team that will be responsible for patent drafting and prosecution. This will include prioritization of patent work to align with the company's business strategy, various forms of patent searching, drafting and prosecution of patent applications for various jurisdictions worldwide and potentially review of patent drafts and responses to office actions produced by other Agents.
• Conduct patent drafting and prosecution activities, including various types of patent searches
• Assist in the patent filing strategy
• Liaise with internal departments and customers
• Keep up-to-date with world-wide legislation and regulations
• Undertake special assignments
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Must be a Registered Patent Agent in the USA. Registration in Canada or Europe is an asset.
- A Bachelors' degree in Engineering or a science related field is required, Master's degree an asset.
- At least 5 years' experience in patent drafting and prosecution in various jurisdictions worldwide. Experience in the medical device field is an asset.
- Patent searching experience required, including FTO, patentability and landscape searching.
- Patent filing strategy experience an asset
- Excellent analytical skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including proven ability to review, edit and proofread documents
- Ability to work with and effectively interact with internal customers, representing IP requirements
- Proven coaching and/or mentoring abilities would be an asset.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top