Sr Learning Specialist, Manufacturing
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and experienced Sr Learning Specialist to join our growing manufacturing team. You will assess needs, design, develop and evaluate training solutions for our manufacturing facilities in Mississauga, with a focus on new hires as well as ongoing training for existing Production staff. You will create and update learning materials to support the goals and priorities of Manufacturing Operations and collaborate directly with senior leadership, subject matter experts, Engineering and Quality and, and will be actively involved in the complete training cycle.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Influence, shape, develop and implement a training strategy for new operating procedures and supports new hire orientation training
- Build partnership with key stakeholders, including Production Team Leaders, Production Managers, department leads and leaders within the organization to drive effectiveness of training interactions
- Identify opportunities to improve the training process to improve speed, quality and capability.
- Develop, implement and facilitate training programs, including individual training improvement plans, while maintaining staff training effectiveness in alignment with staff accountabilities as per job description
- Develop and design all instructor lead training, including tools and resources including leader guides, presentations and learning tools.
- Provides Checkpoint & Oversight Support where required to audit learnings on the job and identify improvements or additional training requirements.
- Writes reinforcement questions or examples to test learning of participants after completion of training.
- Provides professional support and coaching for Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to enrich program delivery
- minimum of 7-10 years' experience working in technical training, coaching or advisory roles
- University degree or College diploma in Instructional Design/Development or related field
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience supporting new product development launches and experience developing and supporting training modules
- Demonstrated knowledge of training principles, general practices, policies and procedures
- Strong writing and editing skills. Copy writing expertise is an asset
- Attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational, project management and prioritization skills in order to manage multiple deadlines in a fast paced environment
- High motivation, creativity, passion, resilience and pro-active approach
- Strong leadership skills, impeccable ethical standards and integrity, objectivity, confidence and dedication
- Can work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Solid MS Office Suite skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint & Excel
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Long term incentive program
- RRSP matching
- Shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility
- Social events and clubs
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top