Senior Technical Writer
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Senior Technical Writer plays a pivotal role in supporting cross-functional projects and will collaborate with key stakeholders within the company, driving the full scope of technical writing deliverables.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Identify the scope of technical writing within projects and manage independent work planning and execution to meet project deadlines.
- Create and/or revise SOP's, templates, labeling, reports and quality documentation as required by ISO13485, FDA, EU, and other regulatory bodies according to the Baylis Quality Management System.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and consult existing technical content to support project deliverables.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the internal document structure and customer needs.
- Manage documentation within our eQMS and support regulatory submissions.
- Provide guidance to junior technical writers.
What you bring to the team
- A technical degree and/or technical writing certification with 4-5 years' experience OR an equivalent of education and experience.
- Exposure to technical writing within medical devices or pharmaceutical industries.
- Willingness to take on new challenges and solve problems with minimal direction.
- Relevant experience with regulatory bodies.
- Knowledgeable in software such as Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Illustrator, and eQMS software.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top