Senior Project Manager, Facilities
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical. We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis operates out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for hardworking people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
As the Senior Project Manager you are leading cross-functional projects for all three (3) Baylis facilities in the Mississauga area, including office, warehousing and manufacturing space. You will develop and deliver the overall design of the project, set deadlines and assign responsibilities to key partners. You will manage the overall process, including tracking and updating budgets & schedules throughout the course of a project ensuring completion on time and within approved budgets.
Snapshot of Your Responsibilities
- Manage 1-3 simultaneous projects thru cross-functional team leadership; with internal resources professional consultants, hired contractors and others as required based on SOW
- Ensure clear project definition, proposal and plan in areas related to design and planning of facilities, project and construction management, cost estimating, project scheduling, contracts, construction and reconciliation of budgets;
- Manage the performance of contractors to verify quality, cost and schedule objectives
- Negotiate with the General Contractor, contractors, and suppliers to ensure the Company derives maximum benefits from its expenditures;
- Ensure that all safety requirements are adhered to on all sites;
- Manage projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure completion within schedule and budget;
- Ensure any related environmental issues are dealt with according to company mandated policies and codes, as they relate to projects;
- Ensure appropriate communications are occurring at all levels and areas including the team, management, and functional areas
- Successful completion of a Degree or technical diploma required; Preference for Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management or other related areas.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in project management within Construction Management or Facility Management required.
- Previous experience in Manufacturing or Medical Device Industry an asset.
- 2+ years' experience managing staff, professional consultants and/or hired contractors required.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management within the Company;
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft)
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top