Senior Process Engineer (NPI)
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Senior Process Engineer will be responsible for leading the design, development and implementation of new manufacturing processes and technologies. They will be part of a cross-functional project core team that ensures that the process development and process validation is completed according to the Baylis Quality Management System and ensures that the project/product transfers successfully to production.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Planning, implementing and co-ordination of new product introductions (NPI) to include: product design, product specifications, process validations, identification of training needs, process & equipment lay-out, production procedures, material specifications, material & packaging procurement.
- Design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to increase capabilities and efficiencies delivering a competitive edge to our company and our customers.
- Apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements.
- Work closely with SME's in the business to ensure process improvements activities designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within our company.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Manufacturing or Industrial engineering
- M inimum 5-7 years related working experience
- Experience in process design/development and product design for manufacturability, preferably in the medical device industry, especially catheters
- Process validation, process FMEA and project management
- Lean manufacturing principles
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Lean or Six Sigma training desired
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top