Senior Process Engineer (CI)
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
The Senior Process Engineer (CI) will be responsible for the continuous support of the production lines with a heavy focus on continuous improvement. In their role they will be required to identify and lead multiple process improvement projects, use lean / six sigma tools and root cause analysis to identify key improvement opportunities. They will be a part of a core team that will implement fixes to improve the existing processes to achieve the required KPI's. They will lead multiple projects that design / develop new technologies and processes required for manufacturing.
Snapshot of Responsibilities:
- Apply structured problem solving, lean principals, and best practice process development to drive product and process improvements
- Work closely with SME's in the business to ensure process improvements activities designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within our company.
- Work closely with lean and operations teams to ensure that any new processes developed meet world class manufacturing standards.
- Design and introduce manufacturing processes for new products to increase capabilities and efficiencies delivering a competitive edge to our company and our customers.
- Planning and implementing manufacturing cell lay-outs, work station design and material handling to ensure efficient manufacturing to meet product cost targets, efficiency targets and quality targets
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues / practices, consistently striving for improvement by analyzing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Manufacturing or Industrial engineering
- Minimum 5-7 years related working experience
- Experience in process design/development and product design for manufacturability, preferably in the medical device industry, especially catheters
- Process validation, process FMEA and project management
- Lean manufacturing principles
- Strong root cause analysis skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Lean or Six Sigma training desired
Opportunity for growth
Competitive salary and benefits
Flexible start times
On site gym facility
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Robert G.Process Engineer
Robert works with a team of engineers to ensure that the production of Baylis devices runs smoothly, meeting and exceeding quality and safety standards while successfully anticipating customer demand.
Back to top