Research & Development Engineer, II
Baylis Medical is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of high-technology medical devices for cardiology, radiology and spine products. Baylis Medical products are marketed in over 65 countries. Our goal is to conceive, develop, manufacture, and sell state-of-the-art medical products that will improve the lives of people around the world. To assist us in realizing our goal, Baylis Medical adheres to four main guiding principles: Technological Leadership, Employee Development, Customer Service and Corporate Social Responsibility.
Our team is growing rapidly and we are seeking a Research & Development Engineer II with strong mechanical background to assist with the development of manufacturing processes. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the medical device development including: ideation, design, prototyping, and manufacturing transfer. These individuals also have an opportunity to work with the appropriate government bodies to obtain regulatory approval, and to issue patents in conjunction with the IP department.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of cutting-edge medical devices and processes through prototyping, testing and modeling and maufacturing
- Develop validation plans and conduct validation testing on equipments
- Develop and test new manufacturing processes
- Support production activities
- Support regulatory filings to various government bodies
- Support the development of intellectual property
- Support pre-clinical and clinical research activities
- Assist in DFM (Design for Manufacturing) activities
- Background in Mechanical or biomedical Engineering degree required. Master's degree preferred; Ideal backgrounds include Mechanical, Electrical, and Systems Engineers
- P.Eng designation or in progress is an asset
- 2-3 years prior mechanical/technical product design experience is required; experience in a medical device or regulated industry is a great asset
- Candidates should be self-starters and have a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse group of engineers and production staff
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Candidates must demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Possess a strong interest in biomedical technology
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
- Wellness Program
We encourage you to apply directly with a Cover Letter stating your interest.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Senior R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top