Research & Development Engineer
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking Research & Development Engineer to assist with the development of products. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the medical device development including: ideation, design, prototyping, and manufacturing transfer. These individuals also have an opportunity to work with the appropriate government bodies to obtain regulatory approval, and to issue patents in conjunction with the IP department.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of cutting-edge medical devices through prototyping, testing and modeling.
- Develop validation plans and conduct validation testing
- Develop and test new manufacturing processes
- Support production activities
- Support regulatory filings to various government bodies
- Support the development of intellectual property
- Support pre-clinical and clinical research activities
- Assist in DFM (Design for Manufacturing) activities
- Background in Biomedical and/or Mechanical Engineering degree required. Master's degree strongly preferred
- P.Eng designation or in progress
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience in hypothesis-driven experimental design
- Hands-on experience in developing test protocols and conducting tests
- Experience in statistical data analysis
- Demonstrated experience in creative engineering design
- Prior work experience in medical device industry preferred
- Candidates should be self-starters and have a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse group of engineers and production staff
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Possess a strong interest in biomedical technology
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top