Research and Development Engineer
It's an exciting time to work at Baylis Medical! We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. The addition of a new state-of-the-art Innovation Centre in Mississauga will allow us to develop new technologies in the fields of cardiology, radiology and spine, while creating hundreds of new Mississauga-based jobs.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to join us?
Our team is rapidly growing and we are currently seeking a Research & Development Engineer to assist with the development of products. Our engineers are involved in all aspects of the medical device development including: concept generation, design, prototyping, and manufacturing transfer. These individuals also have an opportunity to work with the appropriate government bodies to obtain regulatory approval, and to issue patents in conjunction with the IP department.
At Baylis, we offer challenging and meaningful careers for individuals inspired to work in the biomedical industry. Our team consists of intelligent and success-driven individuals with a strong inspiration to improve the lives of others.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- Assist in the design of cutting-edge medical devices through prototyping, testing and modeling.
- Develop validation plans and conduct validation testing
- Develop and test new manufacturing processes
- Support production activities
- Support regulatory filings to various government bodies
- Support the development of intellectual property
- Support pre-clinical and clinical research activities
- Assist in DFM (Design for Manufacturing) activities
- Background in Mechanical Engineering degree required with a focus on biomedical experience.
- Related experience in medical device's with a focus on Research and Development
- Experience with catheter devices development will be a huge asset.
- Strong knowledge of the design requirements as per 21 CFR 820 and ISO 13485
- Experience with drafting and maintaining DHF and DMR documentations
- Experience with leading rapid design iteration and making design recommendations
- Ability to independently develops and adapts work plans based on vague or changing project goals
- Strong hypothesis-driven experimental design and statistical analysis skills
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers
- Demonstrated experience in creative engineering design
- Candidates should be self-starters and have a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and within a diverse group of engineers and production staff
- Superior communication skills (verbal/written) and demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Possess a strong interest in biomedical technology
- Opportunity for growth
- Competitive salary and benefits
- RRSP matching
- Flexible start times
- On site gym facility
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Back to top