R&D Engineering Associate, Co-op
We are a rapidly-growing global leader in the development, manufacturing and distribution of high-tech medical devices that improve the lives of people around the world.
Baylis Medical is based out of Mississauga, Ontario and has offices in Montreal, the United States, the United Kingdom and Germany. Our social culture fosters a collaborative environment where industry experts are dedicated to supporting your professional development. The new addition of a state-of-the-art Innovation Centre to our Mississauga facilities allows for a fast-paced, challenging and hands-on atmosphere that promotes a passion for ongoing innovation.
At Baylis, we are committed to four guiding principles: technological leadership, employee development, customer service and corporate social responsibility. We are looking for talented people who share our vision and values. Are you ready to improve the lives of others?
In our Research & Development Engineering Department, our Engineers focus on the ideation, design, prototyping, and manufacturing transfer of cutting-edge devices for use in medical procedures. Our R&D Engineers are directly involved with obtaining regulatory approval and patents as well as actively participating in clinical research studies. We have 4, 8, 12 and 16 month terms available.
Snapshot of Responsibilities
- You will assist in the development of devices through prototyping, testing, and 3D modeling
- You will create and conduct verification and validation testing to validate design requirements and concepts
- You will assist with regulatory filings to various government bodies alongside our IP and Regulatory Affairs teams
- You will support clinical trials of devices and work with external suppliers and clinicians
- You will aid in the development and provision of technical documentation by preparing drawings, writing work instructions, and presenting technical insights
- You will be responsible for monitoring safety practices and ensuring ISO 13485 and FDA compliance while collaborating with cross functional teams to meet product timelines
What you bring to the team
- Actively working towards a Degree in Engineering; Do not apply if you are not currently enrolled in university
- Strong interest in biomedical technology
- Motivated self-starter with a hands-on approach
- Ability to work independently and with a diverse group of Engineers and Clinicians
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Six Sigma or LEAN knowledge is nice to have
- Experience with Solidworks and Minitab is preferred
- Experience in a highly regulated manufacturing environment is nice to have
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 is nice to have
What we have to offer
- Opportunity for contract extensions and full-time positions
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible start times
- Complimentary shuttle from Kipling Station
- On site gym facility with yoga and boot camp classes offered
- Development opportunities through lunch & learns and on-site training
- Clubs such as Potluck Club, Rock Climbing Club, Yarncraft Club, and Toastmasters
- Social events such as Summer Picnic, Nerf Tournament, Charity Bike Ride, and Pumpkin Carving Contest
We encourage you to apply directly with your CV and transcript.
Baylis Medical is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Please inform us if you require any accommodations during the recruitment process.
While we thank all applicants, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Meet Some of Baylis Medical's Employees
Staff R&D Engineer
Linus and his team develop new medical devices, overseeing and reviewing the technical challenges involved while also communicating with other departments in order to get products to market.
Back to top